• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dystonia and ASD

Lena_C

Dystonic pianist
Hi, so I am wondering if anyone here was diagnosed dystonia like I do? If so, which area affecting you?
In other thread I have introduced myself (FYI, a pianist diagnosed with focal dystonia recently return to compose) and I also wrote my thought regarding Dystonia on my own website (it is dystonia awareness month now), you could find it here:
Message from our Director
Our charity here have contacted me for an interview in October so I want to gather some thought.

A very controversal topic, do you think dystonia could be psychogenic?
I know for musician, many of us developed this symptom due to practicing, however this is not my case.
All we know on this matter is still very little, this is why people have some sort of stereotype and if you are unlucky, they will avoid you like disease, even though you are trying hard to cope. Life is never fair afterall.

In other group, there is someone(also some essay) strongly disagree it is psychogenic, rather, anxiety could make it worse.
Interestingly, both my therapists think mental health play a huge role on my dystonia, as once I claimed"when I closed my eyes completely, that passage is perfect"
I want to know is it possible that people on the spectrum are differently wired, so dystonia also affect us differently.
Although I sincerely hope there is nobody here have dystonia as it is not something nice, but if you do, please share your thought to me that would be much appreciated.
You are also welcome to visit my channel, I am planning to do more arrangements and original works in a form which can calm people to sleep. I received a lot of positive opinion on the arrangement of Chopin's Zyczenie and original work "Lullaby".

P.S I am looking for some fellow classical players to connect with, using sound library to produce music is not something I want to do. I am also fairly isolated in daily life.

New Threads

Top Bottom