• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Electronic Music [EDM / IDM ++]

Slime_Punk

 Please erase
V.I.P Member
I know it's not the most popular genre on here, but it's one of my favorites! Post favorites, what you're listening to, or what you want me and others to check out!

All subgenres are welcome! There are so many!

Omg, thank you for making this thread!!! EDM is my favorite genre (and group of subgenres) so I am definitely going to be spamming this thread a lot lol

I've mentioned a few times that I used to be a nightclub DJ and that I used to go to raves a lot when I was younger. I did switch majors a couple of times in college but I studied audio engineering for a while.
So EDM is kind of spiritual for me in a way, I guess.

There was a time I was into EBM. Only electronic music besides the very early 80's stuff I can manage to listen to.
I can't tolerate high frequency times very well. EBM Is more baseline and aggressive, the early 80s stuff more melodic that today's electronic music.

Had to look up what EDM and IDM meant!

Back in 1974, an album came out called 'Autobahn'. It was the breakout album for Kraftwerk. Although much of the sound sources came from taped natural origins, it was completed by electric instruments, some of which the musicians constructed. Such as electronic percussion, etc. I went nuts over that album and wore the LP out- my Dad sent me another one from Belgium. It was not dance music, however.

From then on they went for exclusive electronic music, even having robots in the concerts!
They termed the music "Techno-Pop" and it was dance music for discoteques- even though it didn't sound like the '70's disco at all. Very influential group.

As for other old-school disco music, a few went the purely electronic route, such as Donna Summer/ Giorgio Moroder, Telex, etc.

Still listen to electronic music today, except it's not dance music. Some "space' and 'new-age' artists are quite good!

original Autobahn, looks like English video

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom