• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finding other movie fanatics.

I did have an odd sensation about the most recent movie I saw. One I've seen a few times before (what else is new?).

"Fifty-Five Days At Peking" (1965) -Seen through YouTube.

About the 1900 "Boxer" Uprising in China. And how all the imperialist powers at the time lead a heroic fight against a nation which simply wanted its sovereignty back, as would most any nation or people. (The "Boxers" being Chinese patriots belonging to "The Society of Righteous Fists")

A great cast led by the venerable Charlton Heston and Ava Gardner in a meticulously made costume drama of the period. And a superb remastering widescreen presentation, as well as a great soundtrack by Dimtri Tiomkin. All the right things for a great movie. -Almost that is.

In spite of all the great performances and technical nuances, historically speaking the story itself amounted to "putting lipstick on a pig". Frustrating, given the other considerations usually allow for me to feel a sense of satisfaction for a film well done. -Especially older films meticulously remastered like this. Then again given the subject matter I doubt Hollywood would ever consider remaking it. So a remastering is likely as far as they will ever go.

Last edited:
I tend to get obsessed with a certain movie or a certain series and watch it over and over for a while. Sometimes I will watch a favorite scene from a movie on repeat. I learned how to set the dvd player to where you search a precise second on the dvd and also can set it to play point "a" through point "b" on repeat. I can have 2 or 3 different shows that I am obsessed with simultaneously. After I quit being obsessed by a certain movie or series, the same ones usually cycle back around eventually it seems. I will listen to a favorite song on repeat as well.

I tend to get obsessed with a certain movie or a certain series and watch it over and over for a while. Sometimes I will watch a favorite scene from a movie on repeat. I learned how to set the dvd player to where you search a precise second on the dvd and also can set it to play point "a" through point "b" on repeat. I can have 2 or 3 different shows that I am obsessed with simultaneously. After I quit being obsessed by a certain movie or series, the same ones usually cycle back around eventually it seems. I will listen to a favorite song on repeat as well.
Reminds me of whenever I install a new Linux operating system, I always use the same DVD at the same time point to test when installing the VLC Media Player.

Just the way my mind thinks, where there's always a certain scene in a movie that stands out more than others, and I always love going back to it. And of course, I tend to collect movies on DVD format to view over and over again. :cool:

I'd really like to discuss certain series or movies. But it's hard to find people who like the exact same things.

Edit: Also, for some reason I feel embarrassed about my taste in series and movies. It's not sophisticated, it just depends on my mood. I haven't seen (or liked) many so-called classics. Also, the themes I like are repetitive. Right now, I am busy watching any Netflix series with neurodivergent characters. Not many people like discussing that.

Last edited:
I'd really like to discuss certain series or movies. But it's hard to find people who like the exact same things.

Edit: Also, for some reason I feel embarrassed about my taste in series and movies. It's not sophisticated, it just depends on my mood. I haven't seen (or liked) many so-called classics. Also, the themes I like are repetitive. Right now, I am busy watching any Netflix series with neurodivergent characters. Not many people like discussing that.
Which ones?

Atypical, Heartbreak High, The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, Young Royals, Geek Girl

Those are the ones that come to mind right now.
Surely then, you must have watched Extraordinary Attorney Woo. Though it is from Korea, it is one of the most engaging shows about what it is like for a great many high functioning women in a challenging profession (at least for me). You might wish to check it out if you have not seen it.

New Threads

Top Bottom