• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Food spiciness survey!

Heat levels (0 being no heat, 9 being max heat)

Votes: 2 7.1%

Votes: 4 14.3%

Votes: 1 3.6%

Votes: 3 10.7%

Votes: 5 17.9%

Votes: 7 25.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
How spicy do you like your food to be?

Do you like no heat, or do you like to breathe fire?

I like medium to high heat, personally, when it comes to my curries and my Thai food.

I associate spiciness with flavors other than heat. When the spices flavoring a dish are assertive, that is what I call spicy. When something is too hot I cannot taste many of the flavors in the dish. Though I may like something a little hot as a first course, like Hot and Sour Soup, to wake up my tastebuds for the flavors to come.

I am not one of those that likes the taste of "battery acid" in my mouth when I am hungry. I enjoy Mexican, Indian, and Asian dishes with a "medium" amount of "heat",...but like Gerald Wilgus suggested, I want to be able to taste the other ingredients,...not be overwhelmed by one ingredient. All things in moderation. I tend to like a more sweet and spicy food to eat.

Though I like spicy food too much spice makes it taste horrible. I have been eating spicy pickled onions... without fail the first one out the jar always makes my eyes water a bit! Four is about the limit if I want to use my sense of taste later on.

I haven't ever had some something cartoon style spicy where you run around with your mouth on fire!

Chilli beetroot is quite nice but they vary in strength and sometimes I find a vicious one...

I like making a 2 1/2 pound spicy meatloaf that I cook on my smoker grill. Venison, Sweet Italian Sausage, Ground Pork, Onions, with lots of Garlic, seasoned with Paprika, Ancho Chili, Oregano, Thyme and Worcestershire Sauce (or Salsa Lizzano) and with breadcrumbs and an egg to bind it. Mold it, then smoke it, out of the mold, at 225 to 250 F for 3 hours. I'm not picky about the wood I use. It's all good

Last edited:
Though I like spicy food too much spice makes it taste horrible. I have been eating spicy pickled onions... without fail the first one out the jar always makes my eyes water a bit! Four is about the limit if I want to use my sense of taste later on.

I haven't ever had some something cartoon style spicy where you run around with your mouth on fire!

Chilli beetroot is quite nice but they vary in strength and sometimes I find a vicious one...

I have had something that was that cartoon-like spicy before. I once went to an Indian restaurant with friends, and I wanted to prove my masculinity to my company. So when the waitress asked me how spicy I wanted my vindaloo on a scale from 1 to 5, I asked for a 6. The place delivered to me a 6. So here I am, in obvious pain, my face turning beet red, and I am trying to casually chow it all down and present a front like it is nothing at all, and my friends are not buying it at all.

Try biting into a ghost pepper. It was as painful as very painful stings, like the way that from a Tarantula Hawk, Wasp, is described. I couldn't hide my distress.

But, pickled veg. Yum. I have some pickled garlic from last year and am contemplating growing some green beans to pickle this summer.

I selected “9” because I’m definitely capable of handling maximum heat if I wanted to.
But I generally prefer things to be about a 6 or a 7 I guess.
I have cravings for spicy food pretty much every day. Hispanic and Asian foods account for a lot of my diet.

My favorite spicy food that I make myself is queso dip with hot peppers, crushed red pepper, and cumin.
When I go to the local Chinese restaurant here I always get the mango chicken with hot peppers.
A favorite of mine at seafood places is hot calamari.
My favorite fast food is KFC Nashville hot chicken tenders, and the spicy chicken sandwich from Popeyes.

Now you guys are making me want to go to Popeyes. Lol. There was another thread the other day that made me want it.

I love very spicy food and enjoy buying and trying different kinds of small batch hot sauces. I also have fermented and bottled my own hot sauces from my own homegrown hot peppers. I don't douse all of my food in extremely hot sauces and I too don't like "battery acid" hot which I would consider things that are extremely hot but with no flavor. You can have extremely hot (spicy) food that still has flavor.

It's difficult for me to gauge or have an acute awareness of my feelings including physically (autism) so I do at times enjoy eating very spicy things purposely for the pain sensation. I like it. For years I've said that eating really spicy food "reminds me that I'm alive".

There was only one restaurant in my life from my recollection where the food I ordered was too hot for me to eat. I still ate it in short bursts because it cost a lot of money, but for about an hour or more afterward I wondered if I was going to need to go to the ER because it felt like I had a perforation in my stomach lining. It was a Sri Lankan Curry House.

I would consider this stuff a 9.
Ignore the box of dog treats lol

A2406C50-4877-4D45-A33E-81C4A99688DD.jpeg

This is hard to say since it's a spectrum too :D.. I eat Indian food every other day but it's more of a medium spicy in the Indian spectrum. But can eat as hot as it gets when it comes to Indian. Thai hot though is a different kind of spice which gets too hot for me, so I'm a medium and remain a medium no matter what. We have a popular Thai restaurant here that makes super spicy, they have a disclaimer on their menu for that reason (if it's too hot for you, no refunds sorry we warned you). But oh so good!

Had a friend like you who liked to prove his manhood and ordered their hottest level every time we'd go there for lunch. Poor guy would sweat heavily haha. But if it's worth it .. knock yourself out.

So overall, if it's super tasty, I don't mind super spicy. I'll suffer later ;)

I like hot food, however my old belly does not. Sometimes when my belly feels pretty good, I will bump it up to a 5 or 6. I know that I will pay for it later, but if it is the right food, it is worth it.

Hot sauces are a special interest of mine, actually. This thread has lit my fire!

IMG-1207-Copy.jpg

The Mega Death sauce is spicy, as is the 100% pain. The Old Bay sauce is very mild but it's awesome doused in mac n cheese.

IMG-1206-Copy.jpg

The Dave's Ghost Pepper sauce is by far the hottest of the group in this pic, but is just pure heat and no flavor. I ended up using it for blending hot sauces rather than throwing it out.

IMG-1206-Copy.jpg

The Dave's Ghost Pepper sauce is by far the hottest of the group in this pic, but is just pure heat and no flavor. I ended up using it for blending hot sauces rather than throwing it out.
“Queen of Farts.” Lol. That should be my username.

New Threads

Top Bottom