• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fraktal

Fraktal

V.I.P Member
I've been diagnosed recently after having been convinced I was affected for more than 2 years.
I finally felt strong enough to go through this process and I was right that I'll need to be.

Although well intended, the letters of diagnosis seem to highlight disabilities rather than abilities. And they describe these difficulties as if nothing had changed since my early childhood.

Maybe it is also a matter of my triggers I developed due to perceived mistreatment by the majority of my environment (including my parents). I'm not here to accuse anybody though, as I have reason to assume that many of the caused effects in me were not intended.

I like to find out how attitudes are in this forum and if they are any different from those I already know.
Also, I look for more ideas that might work for me.

Welcome aboard! :)
Our staff and membership run a pretty tidy environment here and does not tolerate conflict...I hope you find us friendly and helpful on our forum
Jump in anywhere,or sit back and watch us play ;)

I find that the problem with accessments focus on disabilities instead of abilities. Many people didn't think I would be much in life. Well I finish college as a software developer and got a job in my trade. I might even start a business soon. Don't let anyone ruin your faith. Welcome to our fabulous site.

"They" almost succeeded I must admit and I might not be alive today had I not proven them wrong.
People telling me what is not possible, what I cannot and what I may not and that tried many ways to prevent me from using workarounds and protectors. And the people as well as the school system trying to squeeze me into a gender role I always knew I won't fit in ever.

I am lucky and glad, that society has changed in my favour so far and I got my chance.

Welcome to Aspiecentral!
This is a great place, in my opinion.

My diagnosis letter also highlights the problems and disability. That is the point though, to explain and define your disabilities.
It does paint a rather dark picture, but you can learn to improvise, adapt, and overcome, or learn better coping to move beyond.
Best wishes and warm welcome.

Welcome :)

Yes, it is a shame that the pros are not often celebrated, while the cons are focused on a bit too much. It's in these circumstances that it becomes more important to believe in our own abilities.

image.jpg

Haha, couldn't help myself :P

Should you be interested, feel free to browse through our recommended readings section: Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Hello Fraktal, welcome to our friendly community :)
We are all special, different, individuals, and we all share some struggles; if you are looking for respect, caring and support then you have won the lottery coming here!

Rocco
Actually, I have moved beyond even before I decided to undergo the diagnosis procedure. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to.

Vanilla
How I see myself matters a lot indeed. However, if I lose sight of NT's perspective altogether I'm not going to achieve anything, for I depend on them eventually.

I need to maintain my personal balance between keeping up some appearance and using my workarounds and protectors. If I can make the NTs in the company depend on me, it is more likely that I can do that:sunglasses:

New Threads

Top Bottom