• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Giffgaff mobile network

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Is anyone on here on it? my contract with Tesco Mobile finishes on the 9th of December, so I'm giving 30 days notice on the 9th of November, and I keep getting emails from GiffGaff advertising their deals,

The latest offer's not bad, £18 a month for 9 Gig of data, 2000 minutes and unlimited texts, should I look into it?

I was considering going with Vodafone on a SIM Only deal.

SIM Only is better long term as it's a lot cheaper. You only have to buy a second hand, next to new, phone when you'd like to change phones in future.

My Mum is on giffgaff and she likes it. However, I was with them for a short time and I hated it. If you have a problem you have to rely on the community of other people on the network to get help - there is no corporate side there to help. They did have an app at one point, but again it was made by someone also on the network so it was very buggy. I also found that the signal wasn't good at all, something my Mum agrees definitely needs sorting.

DON'T go with Vodafone, whatever you do. I was ripped off by them (they were stealing money I didn't owe them out of my bank account and the service was absolutely terrible - several calls to them over 4 months and they kept failing to give my money back even though they promised to do so) and several other people I know also had bad experiences with them. I use 3 on a pay as you go basis and it works very well for me since I only make the occasional call or text. Also, their signal seems pretty decent. Be careful with certain other companies - their PAYG rates are ridiculous sometimes and you can burn through 10 pounds with a single quick call. If you have a monthly plan it might be cheaper for you, but you have to be very careful because they can get you with fine print in the contract. This is why I do PAYG, and even if I wanted to eventually get a contract I would do PAYG first just to see how the service measures up.

SIM Only is better long term as it's a lot cheaper. You only have to buy a second hand, next to new, phone when you'd like to change phones in future.

I got a new phone for my 40th last year, a Nexus 6 Google phone, and I'm on a SIM Only contract with Tesco Mobile, which runs out on the 9th of December, so on the 9th of November, I'm giving 30 days notice, I'd do it next week but then I'd have another 2 months of contract time to pay off.

I'm half considering going direct to O2, Tesco Mobile are on their Network anyway.

Might pop down to Meadowhall at some point or have a chat with their Sales monkeys on their site.

I'm with 3 on a sim only contract, and have been pretty much constantly (except that very short period on giffgaff) since I was 19 (I'm 31). They have very cheap contracts which are great value for money when compared to other networks. My current contract (the term ended in March and I just haven't got round to getting a new one, so it's rolling month to month) is 2Gb data, 2000 free 3-to-3 minutes (so I can call other people on 3) 200 minutes (I very rarely use any haha) and unlimited texts for £11 a month. It was £8 a month with 500Mb data...but Pokemon Go. Now I don't play anymore so I'm planning to go and get a new contract with less data.

I'm with 3 on a sim only contract, and have been pretty much constantly (except that very short period on giffgaff) since I was 19 (I'm 31). They have very cheap contracts which are great value for money when compared to other networks. My current contract (the term ended in March and I just haven't got round to getting a new one, so it's rolling month to month) is 2Gb data, 2000 free 3-to-3 minutes (so I can call other people on 3) 200 minutes (I very rarely use any haha) and unlimited texts for £11 a month. It was £8 a month with 500Mb data...but Pokemon Go. Now I don't play anymore so I'm planning to go and get a new contract with less data.

After my Dad and I were both on contract with 3 a few years back, I wouldn't go back to them now, problem was that both mine and my Dad's initials are R Allen, so they thought I was him and he was me when it came to contractual queries or anything.

Also, when it came to time to give 30 days notice on my contract, I did so in writing and sent it by registered post (because I don't trust the local postal service to not lose important stuff), and 3 denied all knowledge of receiving said letter, so I had to ring up and get rather upset with them to be let out of contract.

Hence I now won't go anywhere near them.

I'm looking for a new deal for when my contract with Tesco Mobile runs out in December, and I was considering Vodafone, but the general consensus on here is to avoid them, so I might go back on O2, Tesco Mobile are on their Network anyway.

Also, when it came to time to give 30 days notice on my contract, I did so in writing and sent it by registered post (because I don't trust the local postal service to not lose important stuff), and 3 denied all knowledge of receiving said letter, so I had to ring up and get rather upset with them to be let out of contract.

I've always been told that the only way to cancel is to call them. They try their best to get you to stay, but they can't force you to. My contract is out of it's minimum term now (ended in March) so I could in theory call them and give notice to leave, as it's now just a rolling contract but they're so cheap it makes sense to stay.

New Threads

Top Bottom