• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good Morning Britain viewers want Richard Madely AXED because of his comments on Autism

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Link

The TV star, who was standing in for someone else, passed the comments while interviewing Undatables star Daniel Woodward, who was on promoting his new album.

And apparently Twitter has exploded with rage about Madeley's comments.

Last edited:
Pretty ignorant and he was unprepared. But honestly to me it's good when ignorant people ask questions because if they don't they will never learn. Would have been more appropriate to ask off the air though.

Television seems pretty unforgiving these days, with fires fueled by both media competitors and public opinion. Where as long as they don't involve due process, anything might be possible- on both sides of the pond. Whether you're Piers Morgan or Megyn Kelly. :eek:

Last edited:
It was such a blunt question too...maybe he is on the spectrum and doesn’t know it?
I know I sometimes just blurt out a question that in hindsight could have been said differently or not at all.

I think wanting him axed is ridiculous. Sure it was a stupid question, but if you're ignorant about something then you should be asking question! That's how you learn! And it's exactly the sort of stupid question which a lot of viewers where probably wondering to themselves.

It is kind of a creepy phenomenon happening these days. The harshness of public opinion and civil concerns versus that of criminal law. A new manifestation of a mob mentality bent on ruining those in the public eye as opposed to simply chastising them.

It is kind of a creepy phenomenon happening these days. The harshness of public opinion and civil concerns versus that of criminal law. A new manifestation of a mob mentality bent on ruining those in the public eye as opposed to simply chastising them.

It sadly does seem that a lot of people have realized that social media can give one a great amount of power; combined with a determination from some people to be offended by the most minor of occurrences accidental or otherwise, they will first demand an apology from the perpetrator and then - regardless of whether the apology is given or not - will then try to destroy the perpetrator's career and life because social media has essentially given them that power.

New Threads

Top Bottom