• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings!

BagelDreams

I refuse to succumb
Hello!

I'm BagelDreams, and I joined the forum because I can relate to so much of the experience being shared here, and I want to communicate with you all and hopefully make some friends.

I was never officially diagnosed, but I'm considering the possibility and looking into an official evaluation.

For so long I've felt different to everyone around me, without hope and wondering why everyone I thought was my friend grew distant from me. I wondered why my own family grew distant from me, except my parents. They were the only ones left and consistently there, and I can never thank them enough.

Now, for the past 1 and a half years, I've had hope for the first time in what feels like forever. I'm never going to let go of this hope and lose it ever again.

To those who keep laughing at me, to those who distort me into someone I am not, I only have this to say:

I refuse to succumb.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to meeting you all!

1720873740290.png

I used to really dislike bagels actually. I only ever tried plain bagels until last year, when I tried a bagel with garlic and other toppings on it. I've been a bagel convert ever since!
A long time ago, when I was still able to travel abroad, some train stations in Switzerland had these small breads that look a lot like bagels, but are a little oval shape . They are prepared with gurken and fleishkäse and cheese, yummy swiss cheese.
I miss those little breads a lot more than traveling😂
1000014344.jpg

Einstein Bagels is about 30 mins away, and they have the best bagels, and they offer choices like cooked egg bagel sandwiches and great coffee. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Bagels are wonderful and I don’t believe you can get a decent bagel in Florida. (Sorry apsychata 🙇‍♂️)

I went north this year and got an (almost) real bagel, ie from a chain, and it was heavenly. Not perfect, but up there.

Bagels are boiled before they are baked and this gives the outside a mouth sensation unlike any other bread product. Pretzels aren’t even close.

Traditionally, you eat them with cream cheese and lox.

A long time ago, when I was still able to travel abroad, some train stations in Switzerland had these small breads that look a lot like bagels, but are a little oval shape . They are prepared with gurken and fleishkäse and cheese, yummy swiss cheese.
I miss those little breads a lot more than traveling😂View attachment 132230
Those look so scrumptious! I have to try one some day!!

Bagels are boiled before they are baked and this gives the outside a mouth sensation unlike any other bread product. Pretzels aren’t even close.
After eating that bagel I loved, 100% agree!

Welcome to the forum.

Bagels are wonderful and I don’t believe you can get a decent bagel in Florida. (Sorry apsychata 🙇‍♂️)

I went north this year and got an (almost) real bagel, ie from a chain, and it was heavenly. Not perfect, but up there.

Traditionally, you eat them with cream cheese and lox.

I haven't tried them with cream cheese yet! I'm actually pretty new to the bagel scene despite my username, but all these replies are giving me excellent ideas!

The bagel that I loved was from a shop in New York (an overwhelming city sometimes, but I like it when in the parts that aren't overly crowded and loud). They had so many options that I've long since forgotten. Definitely intend to go back to that shop or a comparable one when I'm next in NYC.

In the meantime, next time I go grocery shopping I'll try the bagels they have on stock. Thankfully, they bake all their bagels right there.

Hello and welcome, @BagelDreams.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Have you ever actually had dreams about bagels?
Thank you!

The username has its inspiration not only from bagels but also from a video game. I once had a dream I was one of the characters in that game. A rather surreal experience, as the dream was quite vivid.

New Threads

Top Bottom