• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hate feeling sick

Neia

V.I.P Member
I'm just venting. I hate it that I always get sick when I have time off, and I basically hate summer!

I started my first holiday in years, and almost immediately got sick.
This heat wave is making it harder to breath. The air feels thicker, my lungs are complaining about it, I have had a constant headache and sore throat, my face hurts and my mood has tanked!

Why couldn't summer be cooler?
Maybe next time, if it ever happens, I'll take my holiday in winter.

There.... rant over for now.

To me it's the opposite. Every time I get a job I get sick and it makes the period of accomodation so much more tiring and uncomfortable it's hellish.

We have less immunity so it can be more risk, especially if we're not exposed to humans and when we suddenly do, our organism isn't prepared for the income of germs.

And when I'm home or involved in my own stuff I don't watch my senses, if I'm cold, feed myself, drink water as when I'm on a schedule and if I don't take care of myself my organism weakens and I get disease.

And when I'm home or involved in my own stuff I don't watch my senses, if I'm cold, feed myself, drink water as when I'm on a schedule and if I don't take care of myself my organism weakens and I get disease.
I think that might be part of my problem.
For instance, it's almost 4 pm and I forgot breakfast and lunch 🙈 now I read your reply, my stomach started hurting and I suddenly feel hungry 😅

Can't do anything about the heat though.

I fear the summer heat is getting to me. One too many days of 100+ degrees fahrenheit.

Went outside yesterday just to do some necessary grocery shopping and it seemed to make me ill for a bit. Or maybe it's just old age....I'm not sure.

And to think I usually enjoy the warmer weather. Or I thought I did. :oops:

I think that might be part of my problem.
For instance, it's almost 4 pm and I forgot breakfast and lunch 🙈 now I read your reply, my stomach started hurting and I suddenly feel hungry 😅

Can't do anything about the heat though.
Yep it seems to be an autistic thing in multiple ways. We don't mind the senses sometimes as much that NTs say "how are you so resistant to cold\pain" but some people truly are and others are focused or can ignore it if they have to, like in a public situation conceal it.

And the organism feels the changes, the disrupted schedule it's been used to and is like "emergency, we are being assaulted with a lot of changes" while we don't really notice it or make a big deal out of it like what could happen.

Last edited:
Sinus infections are common for me in the summer. All that pollen is everywhere. I’m sorry you’re feeling sick. Hope you get a better!

Blame climate change. and the selfish, ignorant, bloated bags of bile that call themselves humans that deny it and do nothing.

New Threads

Top Bottom