• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have found a way to thank dimentia

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I walked away, so to speak from two people who gave birth to me and due to this, the female part, has hated me and each time, any of my siblings wanted to get in touch with me, she did not like this and was very vocal about it ( I was told by a sister and niece) and recently confirmed, that my name was like a swear word. So, due to this, I had no choice but limit my interactions, which were easy in one respect, as I live in a different country.

My youngest sister was adopted and finally back with us all and I have made peace with my second sister ( she did an awful act towards me) and this has been achieved all because that woman has dimentia and thus, siblings have a certain amount of freedom from her.

My second sister created a whatsapp group for all of us and it feels so nice to be back in touch.

It sounds like you done right by choosing to keep yourself safe, it can't have been easy having a wedge driven between you and your siblings for this.

Family dynamics can change when an oppressor is removed, the legacy of their reign exists for a while, but all things fade with time.
I hope you enjoy the freedom with your sisters.
:)

Funny how time eases memories and pain, my sibling only chose to pull away even more. So our relationship is in a wormhole now. This is looking to be a good year for you!

It sounds like you done right by choosing to keep yourself safe, it can't have been easy having a wedge driven between you and your siblings for this.

Family dynamics can change when an oppressor is removed, the legacy of their reign exists for a while, but all things fade with time.
I hope you enjoy the freedom with your sisters.
:)
Yes, I am glad that I made that decision, but at the same time, there have been repacusions, as in feeling envious seeing other familys who appear happy and desperately desiring a mum ( that was more in the past).

We are all going to do a zoom video call and just use each other has therapists, which means we are going to go into intimate details of what happened and hopefully, then we can wash our hands and move on properly.

Funny how time eases memories and pain, my sibling only chose to pull away even more. So our relationship is in a wormhole now. This is looking to be a good year for you!
Sadly, time has no eased memories or pain, but I think that it may just happen now, as my siblings are willing to open up and talk, so that they can awaken lost memories.

In one respect, they are blessed, because I had no choice but remember, as I was called a liar many times. Even that I was just jealous they were abused and so, making it up that I was too, but hey, I am the eldest lol

Yes, I am glad that I made that decision, but at the same time, there have been repacusions, as in feeling envious seeing other familys who appear happy and desperately desiring a mum ( that was more in the past).

We are all going to do a zoom video call and just use each other has therapists, which means we are going to go into intimate details of what happened and hopefully, then we can wash our hands and move on properly.
That sounds intense, fear and insecurity in the morher daughter relationship can fuel jealousy/envy, if that aspect of you exists still, it could come back to the surface as difficult memories are revisited.
It could indeed be emotionaly charged for everyone, be kind to yourself, and maybe plan some self care before and after the call.

New Threads

Top Bottom