• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, new here

christianmother27

Hi, I'm new here, and not officially diagnosed. I came across the definition of Aspergers accidentally when I was doing research into one of my behaviors which I learned was called stimming (I was opening and closing my hands repeatedly when I was stressed out). As I started researching it started sounding more and more like me. Everything wasn't a perfect fit, of course, but it seemed like a good amount was. Things like I couldn't seem to make and keep friends because I don't understand unspoken social cues (In high school I almost lost my best friend because I told a secret that I had no clue was a secret because she didn't say "this is a secret"). I don't get why people act the way they do a lot of times, and I can't read emotions (I ask my husband half a dozen times a day "Whatcha thinking?" as I study his face). I babble on subjects I'm interested in (though I'll try not to here! :)) I've always been interested in fantasy from a young age. I've always been a loner, the quiet one. I'm very organized unless my routine is disrupted, and then I can't seem to get anything accomplished until I have reestablished my routine (interestingly enough if my husband is home I can NOT get any housework done... and it's not him getting int he way, it's just my routine is messed up lol). I avoid eye contact when possible, I don't like social situation (work parties filled me with dread), and I have sensitivities to touch (can't stand turtlenecks, eyeglasses, etc - I don't even like the way my hair feels after I have washed it and it is damp on my back). Oh and I have a high IQ (142, though I guess that's not absolutely required, but it is mentioned frequently in the descriptions) I ended up taking a few of the online Aspie tests and I alway scored pretty high, I think the last one was like 144 out of 200 potential for Aspergers. I had intended to seek out a professional diagnosis but my husband was changing jobs from a job with insurance to one without so that day will have to wait for a while. Until then I just have my self diagnosis suspicions (I acknowledge the possibility I could just be a freak too).

I am a mother of 4, and that's pretty much my social life between them and my husband. He is one of the only people I have ever met who actually understands me. So there you have it, about as short as I could get this!

Hi, welcome to AC. Self-diagnosis is common among aspies, it can be hard to find a doctor that can diagnose it in adults especially females. But you may find it isn't nessessary for you. I hope you can feel at home here.

New Threads

Top Bottom