• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

reilepa8

Hello all. I hope everyone is doing well today.

I used to wonder what thinking and perceiving was like for someone with autism. After 58 years and discovering I likely have it, I now wonder what it’s like to think and perceive for someone without autism. Lol. I think from the time I wake up ‘til I the time I conk out. The only time I am able to zone out a little bit is when I’m listening to music or watching a movie or series.

I do like my coffee lol which I sip on and off throughout the day, about 2 cups. I love learning and I’m always seeking out new information. Behavior analysis (my profession), physics, philosophy, and invention ideas are often on my mind. I keep notes. I have had to stop bugging my family and friends about my epiphanies in physics. Lol.

I am sometimes awkward when with others. As you can likely relate, it occurs when I have difficulty reading someone. I ask questions for clarification, especially from loved ones and friends, and I continue to chat if all’s good.

I am easy-going and kind until someone tries to take advantage of me. I sometimes have difficulty with early detection of bad intentions. When I realize it, I’m fairly direct and will rectify the situation for myself. My friend calls me Firecracker. Lol.

Autism explains my whole life! It all finally makes sense! I have mostly found my peace with who I am. May you all find your peace.

Last edited:
1720808461117.png

Welcome to the forum @reilepa8. Hope you enjoy the forum. Let us know if you need any help figuring out how things work around here.

New Threads

Top Bottom