• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hermes problems!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above.

Been waiting for them to collect an Amazon parcel since the middle of last week, they've apparently been this morning but I didn't hear the doorbell as the flashy thing didn't work, so I've missed them, AGAIN!

This is getting annoying now, they don't do the doorbell properly, I've tried to contact Hermes after Googling their phone number and they were no help at all, just that annoyingly pointless "press 1 for this, press 2 for that" crap.

Is there anything I can do to actually speak to a human being at Hermes and not some annoyingly annoying automaton?

"My parcel has not been delivered"
"Where is my parcel?
We'd recommend using our online tracking service to get the latest update on your parcel's journey. All you need is the 16 digit barcode provided when you ordered the parcel.

If you have a question about your delivery we're here to help in Customer Services.

For myHermes shippers and myHermes parcel recipients, we'd recommend calling our customer service team on 0330 333 6556."

My parcel has not been delivered

@Mr Allen

Was it this page and number you tried?
Or something else?

I'm not trying to have a Parcel delivered, I'm trying to send a Parcel back to Amazon, a book I ordered last week, there's no problem with the book apart from it's for a software called Pygame, which I can't get on a Chromebook therefore the book is of no use to me

Also,
I said:
I've been waiting since the middle of last week for them to collect an Amazon Parcel
Did you miss that bit?

Does this apply to your situation?

"If the parcel you are querying has been ordered from a retailer we deliver on behalf of, we are contractually unable to discuss this with you directly. Please contact the retailer’s customer service team, who we assure you will contact Hermes on your behalf if required."
Hermes Returns - Contact Us

Does this apply to your situation?

"If the parcel you are querying has been ordered from a retailer we deliver on behalf of, we are contractually unable to discuss this with you directly. Please contact the retailer’s customer service team, who we assure you will contact Hermes on your behalf if required."
Hermes Returns - Contact Us

I rang Hermes last week, and all I got was the automated crap.

And I also tried to contact Amazon, their Foreign call centre couldn't understand me and kept saying my "line was bad" and I was on the mobile.

When I have called places that have an automated system
(not Hermes. I have never dealt with them.) there is a series
of "do this, do that".....and eventually there is an option for
talking to a live Customer Service representative.

But it takes awhile to work through all the options.
===
Sounds like you'd have nothing to lose by calling Amazon again.

Maybe someone else in the family can talk to them, on your behalf.

I automatically switched the m with a p on this post.. Haha! Good luck with that, I've never dealt with them before. And how can you not properly ring a doorbell? Lol

I hate dealing with return packages unless the seller included a handy return envelope or package when I bought the item. I think vendors sometimes make it deliberately hard to return merchandise so you will eventually give up and keep the item.

Can you get a dog? I have a close family member who is profoundly deaf. The danged flashing lights doorbells have never been very useful to her. Instead, she has 4 dogs - 2 big ones for protection and 2 little ones for annoyance - who alert her when she needs to answer the door or someone comes to her house.

Have to agree with Tree. Keep trying with Amazon first and foremost.

Under the circumstances Hermes may jump at the request of Amazon before they jump to your request to have the package returned.

Last edited:
When I have called places that have an automated system
(not Hermes. I have never dealt with them.) there is a series
of "do this, do that".....and eventually there is an option for
talking to a live Customer Service representative.

But it takes awhile to work through all the options.
===
Sounds like you'd have nothing to lose by calling Amazon again.

Maybe someone else in the family can talk to them, on your behalf.
@tree, you are so patient and helpful.

I hate dealing with return packages unless the seller included a handy return envelope or package when I bought the item. I think vendors sometimes make it deliberately hard to return merchandise so you will eventually give up and keep the item.

Can you get a dog? I have a close family member who is profoundly deaf. The danged flashing lights doorbells have never been very useful to her. Instead, she has 4 dogs - 2 big ones for protection and 2 little ones for annoyance - who alert her when she needs to answer the door or someone comes to her house.

As much as I'd love an Assistance Dog, it's NOT an option as the Housing Association has a strict "No Pets" rule which prohibits even Assistance Dogs, plus I have enough to do to look after myself much less attend to the needs of a Dog.

New Threads

Top Bottom