• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey, I'm Luminous, 33, moved from San Francisco, via Hawaii, to North Carolina

Luminous

Hi, nice to meet you all!

I'm really excited to be here, a little nervous too. I've known my whole life that I'm different and now finally understand in a way I never did before. I am rewiring my brain about my everyday actions and thoughts and having epiphanies about my childhood and entire life! I am very looking forward to learning as much as possible about adult women with Autism as there is not a lot of (easy to understand) information out there. I only really had clarity as the differences with women's Autism were detailed. I hope to find more info on here!
Also an ASMR fan.

All the best!

:smile:

Hi @Luminous and welcome to the Forums

Do have a root around and you will find lots of info about women and autism. The search engine does work quite well

219a7da4373cc0c12b8cdc48541b9904.png

Hi and welcome. Try Jessica Kingsley publishers catalogue for texts by women with Autism and clinicians about this. First thing I read was a bit of research by Rudi Simone, Aspergirls. And a chart she drew up, detailing traits in women. But there's plenty more recent books that are fairly accessible and easy to read, now.

I hope you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.

:spoutingwhale::ocean::dolphin::ocean::whale::ocean::fish::spiralshell:

Welcome to North Carolina, friend! You're gonna love it here; I've lived in NC my whole life. If you're ever in Wilmington or New Hanover County, try to stop by sometime, yeah? My family and i could show you all around the place!

Welcome to Autismforums, as well!

Welcome to the forums!

I love Northern California, I definitely love the food options and how progressive the mindset is. I miss the weather and nature most about Hawaii. I lived mainly on Oahu but visited all the islands at some point. Like Hawaii, I do appreciate the slower pace of North Carolina. Everyone seems nice which I love!

Happy to meet you!

Hi, and Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay here in the process!

New Threads

Top Bottom