• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi All!

Brian0787

Hi All! My name is Brian and I just wanted to introduce myself. A member here suggested this forum to me so I thought I join! I am 37 years old and from a small town in the state of Pennsylvania. I was "officially" diagnosed with ASD about three months ago. I've pretty much known I had it since I was 13 or so. I had teachers in school who told my parents I showed signs of it but never got formally diagnosed. My special interests are cold war history, 70's and 80's music (love also movie soundtracks, classical, 90's and newer music), movies, tv shows (Star Trek is my favorite!) and suits. I am also someone also whose faith is very important to me.This forum looks awesome and I am looking forward to connecting, sharing and learning with everyone here!

Last edited:
1726578131171.png

You have a lot of diverse interests. I am obsessed with Cold War issues and actions - all of 20th century European history. It never gets dull.
Thank you, Peter! I became fascinated by it as my Grandfather sort of got me interested in Russian history growing up which led to me being interested in the Cold War. I am also fascinated by European history too. I think a part of it is my own family history. My great grandfather emigrated over from Germany to the United States during the late 1920's during the beginning of the Depression. Learning about my family history made me interested in European history as a whole. Very interesting!

I grew up during the Cold War, so the topic was in the news daily. I was very curious about the Iron Curtain because little was ever taught in school about those countries. As you know, one thing leads to another when you have a strong interest in a topic. It's never-ending, and I like that.

I grew up during the Cold War, so the topic was in the news daily. I was very curious about the Iron Curtain because little was ever taught in school about those countries. As you know, one thing leads to another when you have a strong interest in a topic. It's never-ending, and I like that.
Very neat and thank you for sharing! I can imagine it had to be a interesting period with it being in the news all the time. I think I remember first hearing about the Iron Curtain in 7th or 8th grade and remember being fascinated with it. It definitely leads you down "rabbit holes" when you have a strong interest and I like that too!

Welcome, @Brian0787

I hope you find being here helpful and friendly. There is always plenty of threads that have discussion about things in life, or otherwise.

New Threads

Top Bottom