• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi from CosmicGerbil

CosmicGerbil

Hi everyone, I'm Cosmic Gerbil :) I like metal music, computer games, computers and animals (especially cats and gerbils, lol). Pleased to be here :)

Lol, I is a gerbil XD I like mainly thrash and poewr metal...my fave bands are Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Rhapsody of Fire :)

I got an Iron Maiden album once... I think... I think they were okay... I can't really remember... I don't know why I bought it tbh... probably was bored.
Have you ever listened to DragonForce? I don't know if they're metal or whatever, but IMO they're awesome :D.
BTW, your username pwns ;D.
EMZ=]

I got an Iron Maiden album once... I think... I think they were okay... I can't really remember... I don't know why I bought it tbh... probably was bored.
Have you ever listened to DragonForce? I don't know if they're metal or whatever, but IMO they're awesome :D.
BTW, your username pwns ;D.
EMZ=]

what album was it?

'A Matter of Life and Death'. I might listen to it now and post my verdict xD. I've completely forgotten what it sounds like and how good it is
EMZ=]

Hey, Miss Gerbil, welcome! :D

I got 5 more harmonicas yesterday :) I'm gonna try playing em through one of my distortion pedals, just to see what happens lol.

'A Matter of Life and Death'. I might listen to it now and post my verdict xD. I've completely forgotten what it sounds like and how good it is
EMZ=]

Thats their latest one. It takes some getting into, long powerful songs. "Brighter than a thousand suns" is a pretty easy one to get into.

They have been around for over 30 years :P

here's them in 1980, live.

real music

Real metal, that's what I like to hear. :) Welcome to the forums.

Carl, record some heavy/distorted harmonica metal. I demand it, lol.

Carl, record some heavy/distorted harmonica metal. I demand it, lol.

T'is my intention :D But don't expect anything great! If you wanna see what a mess I can make of music check out my stuff on youtube (just type in LordGorse) :lol:

Will check it out later, me and Willow are just recording a song atm. :)

Ooh, lots of replies :) Emor, glad you like my name, lol :) Listen to Iron Maiden, they are reallt great. I do like their new album "A matter of life and death", but it's pretty hard to get into...try some of their earlier stuff, which is also really good. I like Dragonforce too...I saw them live in November :D Carl, are you collecting harmonicas :P I want to hear what they sound like distorted too. Thanks for the welcomes Calvert and Chris and everybody else too :)

Oh, cool! Is it an original song or a cover?

We're covering evanescence - going under... we've done it twice before on youtube, *ages* ago, don't know if you saw either of the covers. But they were crud. Doing a good job of it this time. Taking my sweet old time too, all my recording gear is at home and I'm rarely there, so progress is slowww. :P

We're covering evanescence - going under... we've done it twice before on youtube, *ages* ago, don't know if you saw either of the covers. But they were crud. Doing a good job of it this time. Taking my sweet old time too, all my recording gear is at home and I'm rarely there, so progress is slowww. :P

Excellent! Been a while since I listened to Evanescence (kinda went off em when I found out they were Bible-bashers :D ); does Going Under have the gruff male vocals, and if so are you doing them that way? Afraid I haven't seen the older ones you did, but I'll certainly seek them out ;)

@Cosmic Gerbil: yeah, I think I am :lol: But I have a good excuse; with harmonicas each one only covers a single key, so you gotta buy a bunch if you want to do different keyed songs. Plus they're really cool!! Nice and small and portable and really easy to take care of. Don't know when I'll get around to recording anything with them, as I'm on a bit of a downer at the moment, not doing anything :( However, it is my life's ambition to do at least one metal song using only folk instruments: banjo, harmonica, etc. All distorted to hell :D

You can try and seek them out but you won't (shouldn't) find them. They're set to private, because they're SO terrible. I don't suppose we'll have male vocals actually, unless Chris can do it...

It's 'Bring me to Life' you're thinking of that has the male vocals, Carl. :P So there be no call upon my cords for the duty. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom