• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi! Here comes awkward millennial

Ari7

Hi!

The rules suggest every new member to introduce themselves,so I'll give it a try.

I'm Ari, I'm rusty when it comes to using forums and I really am bad at socializing. I like to draw. I'm not a gamer much these days (bad headspace and bad year and month) but the last one I really liked and played was Diablo iv. I think that's the latest, right. Anyway. That and I'm a millennial, I used to love S. King books when my headspace wasn't that bad, I'm married and. I think I'm on the spectrum, with ADHD to add to it. I've always felt different and out of place and like I'm just pretending to be a person all the time? I'd love to get an official diagnostic but in my country mental health and resources are mostly null and so, so expensive. I'm here hoping to socialize more and feeling less isolated by meeting new ND people. Being surrounded by NT it's. Isolating (not thinking bad of them, just hard to relate).

Feel free to ask if you wanna know more? I just don't wanna post too much info and be cringe.
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Glad to have you with us, @Ari7

I like to draw myself and I am a gamer, on hiatus. But I get it when it comes to mental health. I've been battling to get myself to a better place for the last three years. I am definitely in a better place now mentally, compared to before. But it's still a struggle.

Having Autism with a ADHD comorbid is pretty common. There plenty of AuDHD folks here that can help you out.

But I totally get it. Feeling like you have to be something your not to fit in. Masking be like that. But it's okay. You can still be your best self. It just takes finding what works for you. Not everything you do will be understood by NTs. But that's fine. As it evens out. There are things NTs do that are just bizarre for us too.

Glad to have you with us, @Ari7

I like to draw myself and I am a gamer, on hiatus. But I get it when it comes to mental health. I've been battling to get myself to a better place for the last three years. I am definitely in a better place now mentally, compared to before. But it's still a struggle.

Having Autism with a ADHD comorbid is pretty common. There plenty of AuDHD folks here that can help you out.

But I totally get it. Feeling like you have to be something your not to fit in. Masking be like that. But it's okay. You can still be your best self. It just takes finding what works for you. Not everything you do will be understood by NTs. But that's fine. As it evens out. There are things NTs do that are just bizarre for us too.
Thanks for replying. I'm just being harsh to myself out of frustration and other stuff. I'll be glad to know about audhd better. My husband is audhd but in his case it present differently so. The more input the better.

Ya. Bettering our mental health it's a journey that is everything but easy. 😩😔 Let's see how that goes for me.

Thanks for replying. I hope to find a masking that suits me, too. Have a nice day/week.!

Hello and welcome, @Ari7. Hope you enjoy the forum. If you have any questions, I think you’ll find lots of folks willing to help.
I'm trying to navigate the forum and how it's divided and each topic in it. I hope to ask questions soon.

Thanks for taking your time and replying to me. Have a nice rest of the week!

Welcome to the Autism Forums. A good place to explore the possibility of one being on the spectrum. To interact with "your own kind" so to speak.

Ya! I've been on the topic on Insta and lately tiktok, but it's always me in the bg just not wanting to add to the convo very much because of anxiety, I guess. My husband also is audhd and we talk a lot about it regularly, but it's different how it presents on him, especially the adhd part, so it's been a journey.

New Threads

Top Bottom