• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I'm new

I've been diagnosed with aspergerd syndrome since I was 8 years old (I'm 34 now). Unfortunately I also have bipolar disorder type 2 which I was diagnosed with a few years ago...

Anyways my hobbies are reading tarot cards, playing video games, gardening, thrift shopping (when I can afford it lol), and I like cooking and hope to learn to be able excellent cook someday. I also enjoy retro horror movies but my all-time favorite TV show is The Golden Girls. 🙂

Glad to have you with us, @WhiteDeathFlower13

I am a videogamer myself, or was. I have been on a hiatus for a while. I like to draw and do some gardening with my Uncle. Cooking can be pretty fun. Though I still am up in the air with that.

In anycase. I hope you enjoy your time here. There is plenty to look at and lots of friendly folks to talk to.

Thank you. 🙂 I actually haven't played games in a while since my old Xbox One tore up, but I'm hoping someday to replace it with another game system. I'm actually thinking of going retro this time with games.

I actually haven't played games in a while since my old Xbox One tore up, but I'm hoping someday to replace it with another game system. I'm actually thinking of going retro this time with games.

Honestly. That's the best choice. Considering the overall environment of current gen gaming, as a whole. It's a mess.

Any particular retro games/consoles in mind?

There are computer based methods to getting alot of the retro librarys. Though you would have to do pirating most likely, than not.

Some of my favorites are the Playstation 2 Era games, especially the classic survival horror games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, etc.

But those games are very hard to find in working condition these days.

I also loved the Sega Genesis back in the day. I read that they actually sell brand new mini sega consoles with like 40 or more classic games built in. It sounds like a perfect console for me to invest in getting someday. 🙂

Welcome aboard :)
IMG_1927.jpeg

Some of my favorites are the Playstation 2 Era games, especially the classic survival horror games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, etc.

But those games are very hard to find in working condition these days.

I also loved the Sega Genesis back in the day. I read that they actually sell brand new mini sega consoles with like 40 or more classic games built in. It sounds like a perfect console for me to invest in getting someday. 🙂

I actually own a PS2 still. I've sold alot of my library for it, though it was largely games I never played. Basically games my parents got me.

Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, and Silent Hill 3 are personal favorites of mine. Though I have them on my PS3. I couldn't begin to know where you'd find a mint in box, or non-scratched up used disk of the original Silent Hill. Unless you want to by off Amazon, or Ebay, or emulate it. But if I remember right, I have the Director's Cut edition of the original Resident Evil for Playstation.

I own a Sega Genisis too. Alot of the cartrages are just gathering dust though. Mostly Sonic the Hedgehog. Though I do have other stuff. Terminator 2 and The Adventures of Batman and Robin are others I know I have. Both are arcade style games though.

Now that I am thinking about it. I really need to look at what I do have. It's been a while since I really looked.

I have a ps2 also. A few years ago I bought a hard drive on eBay with about 600+ games including silent hill, and most, if not all of the horror games for around $100. The only games missing from the drive are the Lego games, which are coincidentally the only games I can actually beat.
Those horror games are super expensive for hard copies!
During Covid lockdown I started buying broken ps2 and completely refurbishing them. I sold many of them on eBay and to a local game store. It was so soothing and fun replacing parts, cleaning, and adjusting the cd drive gears.
IMG_2167.jpeg
IMG_2166.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom