• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

High Potential...

Watched the trailer on YT. I’m not familiar with Castle, so the premise reminded me of a cross between Dexter and GWH, personally. I want to check this out, thanks!

I found Haut Potentiel Intellectuel's first season on Hulu to be a fun watch, though some of the episodes were a bit weak (just my opinion). Apparently, the Fifth season is debuting in France today. The main character, dresses in a way that made me think of a street walker from a seventies cop show. To my way of thinking, she does not come across as someone with a 160 IQ. She is not eccentric enough, just opportunistic.

I am a tiny bit leery of watching another Americanized version of a TV show whose origins come from an entirely different cultural mindset, as those usually come up wanting. The U.S. version of Ghosts came close but was still a bit disappointing in comparison to the British version for one reason or another. (I have been an avid fan of Television since 1951). There is always one thing or another that seems to get lost in translation for general consumption here, seemingly unable to find the correct mix of ingredients.

I will watch the first episode of HIP from ABC, but beyond that I am more interested in the rest of the French version. I find myself feeling a bit trepidatious over the distinct possibility that HULU will not pick up the other seasons of the original because of this anglicized version from ABC. That would be a disappointment as well as a suspect and possibly venal move on the streaming services part. I hope this does not happen but, as I am a bit of a born cynic, it is a distinct possibility as the company behind this is Disney. I will say no more.

New Threads

Top Bottom