• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How did you kick it to the curb today......

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
Hey forum pal- how did you kick it today? How did you say no way, get out of my face, nope l can't do that......

This lady was outright harrassing me at gym - and l called her on it. She was totally shocked that l called her on it. l asked for 5 mins to finish up, she continued to nag me, the entire time. Past history -I was stalked for 4 years by a guy who l still know nothing about. l asked the gym to document it. And l was semi-stalked by a Asian female. But l shut that down.

Last edited:
I told my anxiety to go jump into a volcano. It did not do this, but it did back off for a bit.

Basically I was going out today to actually do something somewhat social for once. Getting into the hobby of board games, I've been hanging out on related forums. I had posted questions about a particular game I was interested in, and soon received a message from someone that actually lives nearby. Basically "Hey, I've got that game, I'd be happy to show it to you"

My family has been really pushing for me to get out there and DO things, and at least try to meet people maybe. It's the healthy option, I know, and sitting here all the time gets old. So I figured... okay. Let's do this.

Definitely had alot of anxiety in the last day or so going up towards this, but I just said "No... you know what, I'm tired of being controlled by this. I'm freaking doing this anyway, so just shove off". Of course nobody was actually nearby when I said that, but I probably intimidated my desk at least.

Drove out there, and you know what, it went quite well. Just might end up joining up with a regular group to play these with (eventually... one freaking step at a time here)

Unfortunately that anxiety, which had been just biding it's time, said "This isnt even my final form!" and transformed into neck pain and a headache and came back for vengeance. It is no longer intimidated by my threats. I cant seem to transform into anything myself, so cant quite match that right now.

There, that's my nonsensical story for the day. Gotta say though, I'm doing better than I usually do, with the headache and whatnot. Normally it keeps me from doing much of anything, but today I've been managing to just deal with it. So that's good.

I had a good day, didn't have to tell anyone off. But I have set pretty strict boundaries at the office before, so people generally don't bother me unless they have a good reason to do so.

I told my anxiety to go jump into a volcano. It did not do this, but it did back off for a bit.

Basically I was going out today to actually do something somewhat social for once. Getting into the hobby of board games, I've been hanging out on related forums. I had posted questions about a particular game I was interested in, and soon received a message from someone that actually lives nearby. Basically "Hey, I've got that game, I'd be happy to show it to you"

My family has been really pushing for me to get out there and DO things, and at least try to meet people maybe. It's the healthy option, I know, and sitting here all the time gets old. So I figured... okay. Let's do this.

Definitely had alot of anxiety in the last day or so going up towards this, but I just said "No... you know what, I'm tired of being controlled by this. I'm freaking doing this anyway, so just shove off". Of course nobody was actually nearby when I said that, but I probably intimidated my desk at least.

Drove out there, and you know what, it went quite well. Just might end up joining up with a regular group to play these with (eventually... one freaking step at a time here)

Unfortunately that anxiety, which had been just biding it's time, said "This isnt even my final form!" and transformed into neck pain and a headache and came back for vengeance. It is no longer intimidated by my threats. I cant seem to transform into anything myself, so cant quite match that right now.

There, that's my nonsensical story for the day. Gotta say though, I'm doing better than I usually do, with the headache and whatnot. Normally it keeps me from doing much of anything, but today I've been managing to just deal with it. So that's good.

Alright, Misery you rock. Just do babysteps then. Another option; pop a aleve or aspirin before you leave. It may help.

Alright, Misery you rock. Just do babysteps then. Another option; pop a aleve or aspirin before you leave. It may help.

If by "rock" you mean "used rocking chair too hard, fell off into the depths of insanity", then sure. That works.

@Misery, good job out there. It will get better in time, just keep going. You're able to intimidate the desk already, I'm sure you'll level up and intimidate anxiety sooner or later ;)

Well, I told my depression to shove off, got an appointment with a therapist and left the house. Moving up in the world! Yay.

I kicked my bad feelings to the curb today. Just let go of them. No need to pontificate on extreme emotions that should be released. Freedom today in my tiny world, l am marching out with my little army of green men, like in the Toy Story movie.

New Threads

Top Bottom