• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to give 30 days notice on SIM Only contract to Tesco Mobile?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Yes, I have had a look on Google and Tesco Mobile's own website but couldn't find any relevant info.

I've tried calling 450 on my phone but it goes to a load of "press 1 for this, 2 for that" etc and won't let me speak to an actual person.

My SIM Only contract runs out on the 9th of December, and I've kind of found a better deal with Virgin Media, so I need to give 30 days notice on the 9th of November, which is next Thursday.

Last edited:
@Rich Allen

Suggestion:

Try phrasing your disclaimers in non-abrasive,
less defensive ways.

"Yes, I have had a look on Google before someone points out the blitheringly obvious."
This could be reworded.
Example:
"I have looked on Google already, but didn't find anything useful."

Taking out your frustration, in advance, is not
a really useful position to assume when asking
for assistance.

@Rich Allen

Suggestion:

Try phrasing your disclaimers in non-abrasive,
less defensive ways.

"Yes, I have had a look on Google before someone points out the blitheringly obvious."
This could be reworded.
Example:
"I have looked on Google already, but didn't find anything useful."

Taking out your frustration, in advance, is not
a really useful position to assume when asking
for assistance.

I have edited my OP to be less defensive.

But to be honest every time I ask a question on here I get told to use Google by @xudo and @Judge anyway so it makes very little difference.

So anyway, 30 days notice to Tesco Mobile? Can anyone help?

Thanks for the effort. :)

Sometimes everybody needs to try, in order to get along.

I think it will be apparent, in this thread, that you are making
an effort. I expect other members to do the same. :)

PS: If I knew the answer to your question,
I'd tell you. But I don't. So maybe someone
else can help you with that.

And sometimes, the answers we are looking for in google are buried several layers deep or we get information that is not really related to the original query. This can build some frustration. The way I see it we're here to help each other out and it is not helpful to tell someone to use Google. Not knowing the answer is okay but I really don't like to use the "google it" phrase unless I know that the search will produce direct, useful results.

And sometimes, the answers we are looking for in google are buried several layers deep or we get information that is not really related to the original query. This can build some frustration. The way I see it we're here to help each other out and it is not helpful to tell someone to use Google. Not knowing the answer is okay but I really don't like to use the "google it" phrase unless I know that the search will produce direct, useful results.

"Sometimes" is certainly permissible. All of the time is another matter.

After all, the likelihood of people here actually knowing such obscure things off the top of their head is remote. The reality is that others do the inevitable looking it up on Google.

Yes the point is, we are here to help each other. However not to routinely take advantage of that help. That is just plain rude and exploitative.

And the thread title is:
How to give 30 days notice on SIM Only contract to Tesco Mobile?

Anybody have any ideas, about that?

"Sometimes" is certainly permissible. All of the time is another matter.

After all, the likelihood of people here actually knowing such obscure things off the top of their head is remote. The reality is that others do the inevitable looking it up on Google.

Yes the point is, we are here to help each other. However not to routinely take advantage of that help. That is just plain rude and exploitative.

To just post "Use Google" instead of even half attempting to "help", is thread spoiling and is borderline trolling IMO because you know I'll take the nark for it.

Enough personal bickering.

If there is any member who has a constructive idea
regarding the topic of this thread, and cares to share
that information, please do so.

Perhaps the idea here is that Rich's question is so complex
that no individual can answer it without extended searching.

If they give you a hard time on the phone or it takes too long (I had that experience with Vodafone - don't even get me started about them), you can send them a registered letter with a signature upon receipt. Then, unlike with a phone call, you will have proof that they received your letter and the date they received it. That's what I had to do with Vodafone because the people who answered the phone were alternately either rude and purposely unhelpful or too incompetent to locate my account.

I hate to say this, but to find the address you need to send the letter to, you'll probably have to do an internet search, with a search engine of your choice (it doesn't have to be google).

If they give you a hard time on the phone or it takes too long (I had that experience with Vodafone - don't even get me started about them), you can send them a registered letter with a signature upon receipt. Then, unlike with a phone call, you will have proof that they received your letter and the date they received it. That's what I had to do with Vodafone because the people who answered the phone were alternately either rude and purposely unhelpful or too incompetent to locate my account.

I hate to say this, but to find the address you need to send the letter to, you'll probably have to do an internet search, with a search engine of your choice (it doesn't have to be google).

A few years back I sent a registered letter to 3 to give 30 days notice on my contract, 30 days later I rang 'em up to end the contract, and they denied receiving the letter, so in the end I had to get rather upset with them to get out of the contract.

Put it this way, legal action was threatened and various choice words were thrown in.

If they don't acknowledge receiving the letter, they won't acknowledge a phone call either. When it comes time to make a case to the ombudsman (if that becomes necessary), the registered letter proof of delivery is essential. I'm not saying you'll have the same experience, but without that receipt no number of phone calls I claimed to have taken place would have been accepted when making my claim. Only what I had in writing was given any notice. I repeated phone conversations in my claim, and they disregarded all of that because I didn't have written proof of those. I did have enough written proof of other statements for my claim to be upheld.

Again, I'm not saying that will happen to you, but I'm just sharing my experience and forewarning you. You have no legal rights if you don't have proof of everything in writing, and mobile companies in the UK are not exactly known for their excellent customer service or honest business practices, though Vodafone is one of the worst (they stole £20/month right out of my bank account for several months, despite many promises that they would stop) so probably Tesco is better.

I just got off the phone to Virgin Media about a SIM Only contract, on their website they offer 2500 minutes, unlimited texts and 9 Gig data for £13 a month, bargain!

The SIM should be here by the weekend.

New Threads

Top Bottom