• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hurricane Milton

FayetheAspie

❔️🔍❔️🧲❔️⚙️❔️🧪Nerd❔️🔬❔️🖋❔️📷❔️📗
V.I.P Member
This is a place for those in the storms path to verify whether you are ok after the storm when possible.

Don't forget to keep an eye out for alligators and snakes in the flood waters if your area gets flooded.

It is making landfall right now. I have wifi access to a couple of livestreams in Cape Coral. No signs of surge or flooding. My brother says that population-wise, Milton could not have chosen a better spot to land.

Last edited:
Tampa is having a reverse storm surge because Milton landed to the south of it and is blowing out all the water. I don't know who's getting the brunt of it, but it seems like the needle for least harm possible under the conditions got threaded.

All the live cams I was looking at earlier are down now. Too many people accessing at the same time I think.

A weather forcasting site I prefer predicts Milton to head away to the north east so states further along the coast shouldn't suffer too much rainfall this time around.

Now I'm just waiting for a friend to come back online. The power must have gone out.

[Edit] Found a cam still working in Tampa, not really very helpful though. It's late at night and dark and I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. Looks like things have calmed down a bit and it doesn't look like any flooding.

Tampa Florida Live Webcam

Last edited:
Power is out to over two million people apparently. I read that it dropped from category 3 down to 1 when it hit land. 14 inches to 18 inches of rain fell in some places.

I am safe and so far no leaks. I haven’t gone outside yet.

84% of households in my county have no power. I am among the 16% who do have power, although it has been on and off - mostly off - throughout the night. I’ve never gone through a Hurricane and had power the next morning.

Can you share the livestreams please?
Didn't see this but this is a screenshot from my parents' neighborhood as Milton made landfall. With Ian, the water came within 1/4 inch of the front door you see here. The whole front yard and the tile was under water.

Screenshot 2024-10-10 at 8.33.37 AM.png

I took this screen capture, I think in Venice Florida - an idiot YouTube storm chaser who went out in the middle of the eye. This probably represents the worst of the surge.

yotuuber.png

While not good, it doesn't seem anywhere near like Ian with 15 foot surge. And it wasn't in a very populated area.

I think this was as good an outcome as could be hoped for under the circumstances.

I am glad you all made it through the storm. Still waiting to hear from @SusanLR. Does anyone know of anyone else that we have not heard from that lives in or near Florida. I don't know where most people on the forum live so if I am missing some names that I should be waiting to hear from it is not intentional.

I am glad you all made it through the storm. Still waiting to hear from @SusanLR. Does anyone know of anyone else that we have not heard from that lives in or near Florida. I don't know where most people on the forum live so if I am missing some names that I should be waiting to hear from it is not intentional.

We haven't heard from @Aspychata yet. She probably has no electricity. There are a couple of others, too!

My sister-in-law and her husband are fine. One tree fell in their yard and there are branches everywhere but they had no other damage.

My access road was mostly clear. The biggest tree trunk was about 10 inch diameter dead pine, right across the road. Down here, the sap turns into a hard resin. Almost as hard to chain saw through as oak. It is called lighter wood and is perfectly suited for starting fires when camping. Better than birch bark, which we don’t have in the south.

There’s a few more saplings and brush to clear out of the access road, but I was worn out. I’ll get to them tomorrow.

No trees down on my car or on out buildings after a quick inspection. I still have to walk the property to see what else might have occurred.

New Threads

Top Bottom