• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I collect rocks

Neia

V.I.P Member
1000014177.jpg

This is one of my most prised ones.
Found it near my home somewhere around May 2006. During a walk with one of my pupps, and just a few weeks before he died.

It's a sea urchin fossil.

Then there's this one, better appreciated when wet, that my former bosses brought with them from a holiday in South Tirol.
With the sea urchin fir scale 😅
1000014180.jpg

I like that sea urchin fossil. Like most echinoderms they are likely to fall apart before being fossilized intact.
This one is special because I found it during one of the last walks my fur-ball and I took together. His health declined very fast after that.
I like my rocks because each tells a story of where I was when I picked it up, or from the fact that a friend thought of me and brought it home to me from an adventure.

And, of course, rocks are cool 😅

Yes, I always liked rocks too. I was stationed in North Dakota for several years and though there is not much there The Badlands was fantastic for rock and fossil hunting and in The Black Hills of South Dakota the very ground shimmered with crystal minerals.

Very sorry to hear about your dog. I lost two last year to different medical conditions and still haven't got over it.

Yes, I always liked rocks too. I was stationed in North Dakota for several years and though there is not much there The Badlands was fantastic for rock and fossil hunting and in The Black Hills of South Dakota the very ground shimmered with crystal minerals.

Very sorry to hear about your dog. I lost two last year to different medical conditions and still haven't got over it.
I'm sorry for your loss.
I lost Kipo (pronounced Keepoo) over 20 years ago, and Chicken-Soup 4 years ago.
Still miss them a lot.

My latest. A Bavarilla sp. with the antennae preserved. I only have three more genera and I will have one genus in each Ordovician family. Once complete the collection of Ordovician and Devonian Trilobites from Morocco will go to the University of Michigan.

434393046_1193309118535724_5091471172463786273_n.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss.
I lost Kipo (pronounced Keepoo) over 20 years ago, and Chicken-Soup 4 years ago.
Still miss them a lot.
I know the feeling, having lost 3 cats. One of them loved to play fetch with foam earplugs; she would catch it, come up on the bed, "kill" it, and drop it on us, for another round. My current cat I think is autistic. She has sensory issues, rarely lets me pet her, and wants to be alone.

My latest. A Bavarilla sp. with the antennae preserved. I only have three more genera and I will have one genus in each Ordovician family. Once complete the collection of Ordovician and Devonian Trilobites from Morocco will go to the University of Michigan.

View attachment 131892
I have a few fossils I picked up on my walks, with dogs or alone.

What started my constant looking for rocks as I walk somewhere, was finding what I think is a piece of fossilised wood in my backyard when I was a kid.

I have one that someone used to use to sharpen a blade. You can still see and feel the marcs on it.

I also have a somewhat smoothed piece of glass that I found while walking home from school with my friend. We were talking and I kicked the sand and said "You can't just find treasure with a kick.." and the large-ish piece of glass jumped up from the sand path 😂 15 year old me was very excited for a moment 😅😂

Then there's this one, better appreciated when wet, that my former bosses brought with them from a holiday in South Tirol.
With the sea urchin fir scale 😅View attachment 131867
Those are some cool rocks that work together perfectly. It's like a natural statue in its own right, with contrasting colors and textures that's comprised of two pieces. It's the definition of interesting that taps into human psychology from different angles.

New Threads

Top Bottom