• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I do have Borderline Personality Disorder after all.

Ana54

Today I listened to a long list of symptoms that I have. Some people say it's untreatable and are totally unsympathetic. Now I'm really scared of how I'm going to be treated because of this. This is depressing.

No. I just so happened to have been diagnosed with it a year and a half ago by someone who had seen me for 3 minutes and asked questions totally unrelated to BPD. Then that same shrink lied in my records, saying I might have BPD just because I told my bf true things about her. She said I had lied and that I was therefore manipulative and might have BPD because of that.

So now, just today, I tell my new psychologist that my BPD diagnosis is ridiculous. She doesn't seem convinced, but she's a very nice lady and a good psychologist. She does not judge like that or have negative opinions/beliefs about anyone no matter what they have. I went home and told my mother about how she had written down all my 8 diagnoses and my mother started reading about BPD and then read the list of symptoms out loud. I have most of the symptoms. I never thought I would have a personality disorder. I always thought there was a stigma associated with personality disorders, a stigma that is worse than the stigma associated with psychotic disorders.

ana i have a diagnosis of BPD too with my autism. I have been told the BPD can become lessened each year. There is treatment available for people with BPD and it can help regulate and retrain your mind. I am going on this therapy its called Dialectical Behaviour Therapy specificically to treat BPD patients. There is a referral for this and have to be willing to take part.

There is unknown cause for BPD but there is scientific evidence that such abuse as a childhood could of developed this. I been abused through childhood.

I once thought I had it after seeing Girl Interrupted but BPD and AS share same of the characteristics. That's why some aspies get misdiagnosed with it.

Well you can look it my way.

my BPD side affects mainly of impulsivity- excessive spending when low, psychosis , paranoia, selfharm, paranoia that people are out to get me, fear i will be abandoned by people, emotionally unstable very highly sensitive to critism, to arguments so on, raise my standards to high. there are some high risks with me and i do dissociate at times, i constantly fall out wiht people.

and i look at my autism this way:
I struggle to communicate across to people how i am feeling by talking than to writing, i find it hard to understand emotions but understand happy,sad, depressed.

I struggle to talk in groups
I find it hard to understand expressions
Have obsessions

There is many more. I could list, but have forgotten the rest of it.

Good. If the patients like it it's a good sign. I liked CBT. I should find out if DBT is familiar. I was scared to death that therapists would hate on me because I'm such a hateful hated person.

I always said I didn't have it because one quack said I had it because I was a manipulative liar, when I wasn't and am not, and she said that's why I have BPD, but that's not true, but now I know lying and manipulation are not even symptoms of BPD.

Good. If the patients like it it's a good sign. I liked CBT. I should find out if DBT is familiar. I was scared to death that therapists would hate on me because I'm such a hateful hated person.

I always said I didn't have it because one quack said I had it because I was a manipulative liar, when I wasn't and am not, and she said that's why I have BPD, but that's not true, but now I know lying and manipulation are not even symptoms of BPD.

dbt is similar to CBT but u have to do this in groups as well as 121 http://bpdworld.org/leaflets-a-downloads

New Threads

Top Bottom