• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I feel trapped.

Starflowerpower87

There seems to always something that needs fixing in my apartment. I hate this because my landlord is a curmudgeon. I hate asking for his help because he is so mean. Also I have incontinence issues and in the morning I really have to go to the bathroom or else....yeah you get it. And these repairs always seem to happen first thing in the morning. I tried looking for somewhere else to live but the costs of apartments are too high right now and I can't find anything in my area. It thought about living in a group home so at least I wouldn't have to worry about repairs but I don't think I'd like it in a group home. Not enough privacy. Too many rules.

The caulking needs to be replaced in my tub soon. I'm dreading asking for help because like I said he is mean. I can't stand this anymore I don't know what to do.

I'd think about contacting the landlord's repair people directly and telling them to bill the landlord, then give the landlord a heads-up.

Service people are "professionally unpleasant" to save them effort and money.

I like @jsilver256 's idea of going around the guy.

If not, think of him as an NPC, and remember assertiveness isn't aggression. it's about stating your requirements clearly, politely, and firmly, not talking no for an answer, and following up in the same spirit.

Never justify, argue, defend, or explain to an NPC.
(Except to "explain" your requirements of course - he has to know what to do for you, and why)

Tell them why they have to do what you want, and leave any JADEing up to them.
it's way easier being on the other side :)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom