• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Get Stressed Every Time I Do Stories...

pottyfry

Yesterday, while I was in another room, trying to have a change of scenery, I started to get stressed. It may be because of bad sleep, but I think it was because of other reasons. I still got stressed whenever I thought up new ideas or did new stories. Can someone PLEASE tell me what's causing all this?!

You can probably tell yourself better than we can. It might help to think about what specifically is causing you trouble with these stories.

I used to like writing fiction, but it always caused me more stress than non-fiction. Non-fiction was natural. Only parts of fiction were natural for me. What caused stress was trying to think like non-Autistic people (even though I didn't know what that meant at the time). I don't know if you relate, but that might be worth thinking about.

What caused stress was trying to think like non-Autistic people (even though I didn't know what that meant at the time). I don't know if you relate, but that might be worth thinking about.
Not having a clue I was autistic, I imagine all my main characters are somewhat autistic. While my published stories are fiction, I drew a lot from my life experiences.

Stress is correlated with little sleep in women. Women can't cope well with daily stress when they haven't had enough sleep, and it's actual sleep not just rest.

Could be sensory overload due to the new room you moved to being too bright, having odd noise, and autistic people can't handle change well. It might take a while to adjust with working in a new environment.

Working, mental work is a particularly focus demanding task, with our limited capacities, low energy, overwhelm and external factors it may be hard to do.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom