• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have 1 credit this month on Audible.com, what should I spend it on?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I'm a fan of the Harry Potter books, I've read all 7 and seen all the movies, but I can't decide which book to get in audio book format? I also like Star Wars books, wouldn't mind listening to Heir to the Empire, I bought the book a few years back.

For those who don't know it, Link

I didn't know there was such a Star Wars book. Cool. I'm a huge fan as well as the Harry Potter movies. I have all of them on dvd including all Star Wars movies except the Last Jedi, but never read the books. Are the books better? I've heard they are, but reading is strenuous for me, which is why I use Read Aloud extension on my google chrome browser to read text. Audio books sounds a lot more enjoyable to me lol. :) Enjoy!

If you read the Harry Potter books in order, perhaps it's been a while since you've read the first one and would like to listen to it again as an audio book. If it was me I'd get the first Harry Potter book.

I didn't know there was such a Star Wars book. Cool. I'm a huge fan as well as the Harry Potter movies. I have all of them on dvd including all Star Wars movies except the Last Jedi, but never read the books. Are the books better? I've heard they are, but reading is strenuous for me, which is why I use Read Aloud extension on my google chrome browser to read text. Audio books sounds a lot more enjoyable to me lol. :) Enjoy!

You'd like the ones I've read, set straight after Return of the Jedi, Heir to the Empire is about Princess Leia.

And Shadows of the Empire is kind of set between the end of Empire Strikes Back and beginning of Return of the Jedi, so if it was a movie it would be Episode 5.5, like Rogue One was set between the end of Revenge of the Sith, and beginning of A New Hope, so it was kind of Episode 3.5.

Last edited:

The Stars Wars books make a mockery of Disney Wars, even the relatively mediocre ones. Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy is so fitting, just... so "Star Wars" that I could hear parts of the soundtrack to the original trilogy in my head while reading.

In fact I highly recommend this to enhance one's reading pleasure:

Or just the best track:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom