• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I just learned this is an Olympic sport.

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I haven't watched any of the Olympics this year.

In fact, all I have seen is a one minute recap of the marksmanship competition, with the epic Turkish dad. I would like to watch that competition in full. As it seems everyone else was wearing weird cheating tech to help them dial it in, but he just walked in with street clothes on, aimed his pistol, and then nodded in satisfaction at the result.

The only other Olympic anything I've heard of, without watching anything, I have only heard just a little bit of controversy about the opening ceremony, and something about the boxing competition.

Oh yeah, and everyone is saying the water was gross in the Seine.

Back to the topic at hand:

This competition, I just learned about this morning. I am so down for it.

Get ready for it....-

OLYMPIC BREAKDANCING

Yes, I said what I said.

Not only that, but the judges are all dressed like 80s/90s b boys, it's hilarious.

There's a DJ, a couple of emcees dressed like it's 1992 all over again, and then they bring out two dancers at a time.

The Breakdancers do this dance fight reminiscent of West Side Story. But only one can be the victor!

I am convinced that all future wars should be fought via dance off.

Men's Gold medal match- Canada vs France

Women's Gold medal match- Lithuania vs Japan

It seems you have to follow the link to YouTube.

It's worth it. Lots of fun.

Indeed I enjoyed these Olympics, though at times all I could do was shake my head.

Oh well, it's all good! :oops:

Except perhaps this last-minute controversy of gymnast Jordan Chiles being stripped of her bronze medal over the timing of filing an inquiry over a technicality involving a one-minute deadline pertaining to her floor exercise routine. Where the US Gymnastics committee claims they have undeniable proof that the chronology of events is in Chiles' favor to reinstate her bronze medal status.

Though it's also known how slow the wheels of the International Olympic Committee can sometimes churn with such situations. We shall see. In the meantime I feel bad for both the Romanian and American gymnasts caught in the middle. Leaving it as a controversy between a bureaucracy of two teams and Olympic judges. Having such a medal means so much to those who have sacrificed so much to get to that point. They deserve better.

It also made me ponder "the agony of defeat" over those splendid athletes who lost a chance to medal over literally a fraction of a single second. -Too many.

Last edited:
Hearing that the 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles will allegedly be "carless" seems a stretch.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry over that. :eek:

Last edited:
I hope they eventually add parkour as an event.

Ed
I second that and think that parkour would be well above breakdancing. Though I think the concern from the Olympic point of view would be potential for serious injury once you start actively competing at that level. If not the Olympics the X Games would have a place for them.

I hope they eventually add parkour as an event.

Ed
Olympic level Parkour? That would be impressive. During the first season of American Ninja Warrior, my daughter and I were absolutely obsessed. I had never seen anything like it, other than people I knew just messing around, showing off, while hiking (jumping boulders, leaping creeks and little gorges).

I love watching parkour. This would be a very good, extremely athletic sport.

PS, as fun as it was to watch the breakdancing, it kind of felt like a joke, especially with the goofy early 90s gear that the judges and the emcees were wearing, and how they hyped up the results.

Parkour has a much more Olympiad feel to it.

Last edited:
Indeed I enjoyed these Olympics, though at times all I could do was shake my head.

Oh well, it's all good! :oops:

Except perhaps this last-minute controversy of gymnast Jordan Chiles being stripped of her bronze medal over the timing of filing an inquiry over a technicality involving a one-minute deadline pertaining to her floor exercise routine. Where the US Gymnastics committee claims they have undeniable proof that the chronology of events is in Chiles' favor to reinstate her bronze medal status.

Though it's also known how slow the wheels of the International Olympic Committee can sometimes churn with such situations. We shall see. In the meantime I feel bad for both the Romanian and American gymnasts caught in the middle. Leaving it as a controversy between a bureaucracy of two teams and Olympic judges. Having such a medal means so much to those who have sacrificed so much to get to that point. They deserve better.

It also made me ponder "the agony of defeat" over those splendid athletes who lost a chance to medal over literally a fraction of a single second. -Too many.

The IOC abruptly ruled that while the recognized the time discrepancy, claiming it has no way to reverse the move. And that is that. Kind of reminded me of the USPS when they make an error. That it's never a fault of their own. Yet no one used drugs, nor did they cheat.

Under such circumstances I think the honorable thing would have been to award both of them a bronze medal.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kn...s-appeal-in-jordan-chiles-bronze-medal-fight/

Last edited:
Breakdancing is not a sport. It is an individual performance. Same for Floor Routines, Palma Horse, and other individual activities.

Sports are when two competitors face off against each other, like Fencing, Wrestling, and Basketball.

Breakdancing is not a sport. It is an individual performance. Same for Floor Routines, Palma Horse, and other individual activities.

Sports are when two competitors face off against each other, like Fencing, Wrestling, and Basketball.
So running is not a sport? Pole vaulting? Wall climbing? Canoeing?

I’m not being sarcastic. I really would like to know your POV.

And BTW, I don’t really see break dancing as a sport either.

So running is not a sport? Pole vaulting? Wall climbing? Canoeing?

I’m not being sarcastic. I really would like to know your POV.

And BTW, I don’t really see break dancing as a sport either.
To amplify what I have already said, sports are when two opposing teams or individuals face off against each other in a physical effort to increase one's one score while making a physical effort to prevent an opponent from scoring -- like Fencing, Wrestling, Football, Soccer, and Basketball.

Your examples are activities, but could be competitions if personal best is the only score that matters.

To amplify what I have already said, sports are when two opposing teams or individuals face off against each other in a physical effort to increase one's one score while making a physical effort to prevent an opponent from scoring -- like Fencing, Wrestling, Football, Soccer, and Basketball.

Your examples are activities, but could be competitions if personal best is the only score that matters.
So, by your definition, the foot races, hurdles, etc. are not sports and should not be in the Olympics?

I’ve just never heard of this POV before.

sport /spôrt/

noun
  1. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
  2. Such activities considered as a group.
    "Sports is a good way for children to get exercise."
  3. A usually challenging activity undertaken for amusement.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition

Kirk: "Spock, is that true? Breakdancing was a 21st century sport?"
Spock: "Apparently so, Captain."
Kirk: "When did that happen?"
Spock: "When the 33rd Olympiad made it so in 2024."
Kirk: "Spock, did you just hear that?"
Spock: "Yes, Captain. That was the ghost of Avery Brundage turning over in his grave."
Kirk: "Who was that?"
Spock: "Never mind, Jim."

Last edited:
I happen to disagree with the Dictionary, but whatevers . . . never did like sports, anyway . . . total waste of time and effort.

New Threads

Top Bottom