• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Love The Halloween Season =)

I most definitely love Halloween season - such a fun way to celebrate oncoming Fall. Halloween night itself isn't my favorite, but I love the build up.

I only have one decoration, but I love it. It's a handmade wooden jack o' lantern.

1725498528673.jpeg

I miss Hallowe'en. Wife and I are retired, and living in a country where Hallowe'en never caught on.

I like Halloween, too. We have a lot of old decorations that we've had for years but I rarely bother to put them out. I do like to put a battery-operated lighted Halloween wreath on the front door.

I love all of the month of October. The golden afternoon sunlight. The mellow harvesting of the hedgerow berries. The glorious flaming acers. The mushrooms, decorative, deadly and delicious. But most of all the crowning glory of Halloween. I've spend the last few at Whitby among the hoards of Goths there parading in my gowns and partying in the evenings with my good friends. They understand and not only tolerate my oddities, they love them! I'm sure I'm not the only none-binary neurotypical among them. I have to miss the upcoming Whitby bash but will be at the lesser 2025 spring gathering.

FYI, it's taken me nearly 80 years to come to terms with who and what I am. I can't have very long left but I'm not going to go gentle into that good night. I'm having a ball while I can. Here's my Halloween mantelpiece, I didn't wait for Halloween

IMG_2166.JPG

Last edited:
Fond memories of many years ago when my brother and I would put on little skits as we opened the door to unsuspecting kids. Especially the time we used a portable card table and drilled a tiny hole into the center of it. On top of the table went a full-sized but accurate plastic human skull model, complete with a working (spring-loaded) jaw.

The jaw was connected to a thread that passed through that tiny hole that the skull sat on, and I was underneath moving the jaw to accompany a recording of vampire Barnabas Collins from the soundtrack of the tv soap opera "Dark Shadows". It was hysterical....except one little girl dressed up as a fairy princess was literally shaking as my evil-looking brother poured candy into her bag. She left in a hurry, and also left a bit of a puddle for us to clean up on the porch. Poor kid.

Other times we played a recording of haunted house special effects. I still remember too when my brother overdid it in character, throwing himself down a long flight of stairs in front of the foyer where our front door was. Luckily he didn't break anything. :p

Putting that pinhole through my folks' card table turned out to be scary too, though much later. :oops:

Last edited:
I most definitely love Halloween season - such a fun way to celebrate oncoming Fall. Halloween night itself isn't my favorite, but I love the build up.

I only have one decoration, but I love it. It's a handmade wooden jack o' lantern.

View attachment 134302
What do you love about the halloween season - I Love The Fall Season with the different color changing trees and the cooler air with beautiful sunset colors =) I use to not care for trick or treaters because it could be annoying when my door bell rang and the trick or treaters knocking on my front storm door but now i don't mind the trick or treaters and sometimes its fun to see there different costumes.

What do you love about your halloween decoration, Your handmade wooden jack o lantern looks nice =) when did you make your wooden jack o lantern.

I like Halloween, too. We have a lot of old decorations that we've had for years but I rarely bother to put them out. I do like to put a battery-operated lighted Halloween wreath on the front door.
What are all of your old halloween decorations and what decades are they from. Why do you not put them out rarely. Do you have a picture of two of your battery operated halloween wreath, what size is that wreath.

Who else here loves the month of October being Halloween?

Do you own any Halloween decorations?

I ask Alexa (the voice assistant with the speaker) how many days until Halloween. I do this all year so I know it is coming. It is my favorite holiday. I do not have decorations.

Halloween's one of my favorite holidays. I always have fond memories trick-or-treating when I was a kid, but even when I'm too old for it now, I still want a small bag of candy every year. Autumn in general is the season I always look forward to after how dreadful Summer usually is.

I have tons of Halloween plushies I put out every year while also listening to my Halloween themed playlist. And of course, there are the Halloween specials and movies I watch all the time, too, like this classic:

What are all of your old halloween decorations and what decades are they from. Why do you not put them out rarely. Do you have a picture of two of your battery operated halloween wreath, what size is that wreath.

I have numerous strands of electric lights with various plastic covers on each light such as pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, witches, etc., numerous ceramic jack-o-lanterns that you can put a tea light inside, various corn dolls and scarecrows that can sit on table tops, a glow-in-the-dark skeleton and a purple space alien that can hung from a tree, and other stuff. Almost all of it was purchased in the 1970s, '80's and 90's. My door wreath is a witch's head mounted on a grapevine wreath that has orange lights on it. I'll try to remember to take a photo of it when I hang it on the door in October. It's about 1.5 feet in diameter as I recall. I'm sure there's other stuff in the boxes of decorations like little figurines.

I don't put them out anymore because my children are grown, I'm 70-ish, and it's a pain in the neck to put away all the decorations after holidays. Christmas is even worse! I've been giving a lot of the old decorations to my kids so they can decorate their homes for their kids.

I ask Alexa (the voice assistant with the speaker) how many days until Halloween. I do this all year so I know it is coming. It is my favorite holiday. I do not have decorations.

I used to make luminaries with small paper bags. You cut out a jack-o-lantern face on one side of the bag and put a votive candle or tea light candle or even a battery-operated tea light inside each bag. The light shines out thru whatever shape you cut on one side of the bag. Use the small bags like people take their lunch in and a pair of small scissors like pedicure scissors to cut out the faces on the bags. If you put them outside, you need to put sand or small rocks or something in the bottom of the bags to weigh them down so they won't blow away or blow over. It's a cheap and creative way to decorate.

I used to make luminaries with small paper bags. You cut out a jack-o-lantern face on one side of the bag and put a votive candle or tea light candle or even a battery-operated tea light inside each bag.
In Virginia our neighborhood used to do that, lining them along the curbs of all the streets.

What do you love about the halloween season - I Love The Fall Season with the different color changing trees and the cooler air with beautiful sunset colors =)
Likewise. I enjoy all those things, too. I also love the playfulness of Halloween - life can be so serious, but Halloween decorations and costumes feel very lighthearted to me.

I use to not care for trick or treaters because it could be annoying when my door bell rang and the trick or treaters knocking on my front storm door but now i don't mind the trick or treaters and sometimes its fun to see there different costumes.
I don't care much for Halloween night. I like to stay in a dark room with my dog and watch a Halloween movie or be on the forum. I live with my mother and she enjoys giving out candy.

What do you love about your halloween decoration, Your handmade wooden jack o lantern looks nice =) when did you make your wooden jack o lantern.
I didn't make it myself. I love it because it is homemade and creative - I'd never seen anything like it. I purchased it at a coffee stand I used to go to - the son of the owner made a few and sold them one year.

I have a couple of Halloween music boxes in my collection and five musical porcelain dolls that are Halloween themed. Halloween themed music boxes are pretty uncommon and I’ve managed to find several in the past ten years. My favorite has to be the glitter globe celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Peanuts Halloween special which has Charlie Brown in his ghost costume and bats swirl around when the globe is shaken and plays The Sorcerer’s Apprentice.

New Threads

Top Bottom