• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I need a new job

Misty Avich

Please put me on ignore if you don't like my posts
V.I.P Member
I'd like to work in a preschool with children age 2-4 but I can't because of my severe emetophobia. I'm on the waiting list for therapy (not that that's going to help really but I will still go along with it to avoid the annoying repetitive "have you tried therapy?") from people. I wish sickness bugs were like chickenpox where you only get it once.

So my other option is to work with animals. I love animals. I want to get in Pets At Home, not a vet exactly but someone who tends to the pets they sell there. That's the sort of job I want.

Failing that, a work from home job is something I'd like to look into, as I'm not very good with rules or being told what to do, I rather just work without anyone watching me and I can just do it my own way in my own time, in the comforts of my own home. Only thing with that is I have to move first, as I can't work in the environment I live in at the moment with neighbours constantly banging and thumping about above my head 24/7. I don't think I'd want to wear earplugs and headphones all day every day, which I have to do whenever I'm home but at least my poor ears get a break when I'm out at work.

Being so I'm discriminately forced to work until I'm at least 75 just because I was born after 1970, I want to at least be content with how I earn a living and I want to do something I want, not being somewhere where I'm under pressure to run around like a headless chicken doing cleaning all my life.

That sounds like a good plan with thoughtful options. Good luck with everything!

Working with animals must be great. It would also be one of my preferred options, at a good place where the animals are treated with love and care.

New Threads

Top Bottom