• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I think I’m screwed.

Starflowerpower87

I have been wearing Tena underwear for a few days now. I find it hard to make it to the bathroom on time. When I was wearing them I hadn’t showered for 4 days so I got a yeast infection. I only like to shower twice a week because I find it exhausting. I’m not even sure not showering is what caused the infection. They are warm and don’t let my crotch breathe. It could be they just don’t agree with me.

I’ve been thinking about moving into a group home. Does anyone know if they would force me to wear diapers if I have a hard time making it to the bathroom in time? I haven’t actually had an accident in years. But I’ve come close recently. I feel screwed because I don’t want to wear those things. I don’t want to have to shower every day. If that would even help.

Have you tried scheduling toilet breaks at regular intervals?
Aka going to the bathroom based on time interval, not on
the physical sensation of urge?

Have you tried scheduling toilet breaks at regular intervals?
Aka going to the bathroom based on time interval, not on
the physical sensation of urge?
No. I suffer from constipation too so I doubt that would work. I always need to go in the morning. I think I should stick to that.

I have been wearing Tena underwear for a few days now. I find it hard to make it to the bathroom on time. When I was wearing them I hadn’t showered for 4 days so I got a yeast infection. I only like to shower twice a week because I find it exhausting. I’m not even sure not showering is what caused the infection. They are warm and don’t let my crotch breathe. It could be they just don’t agree with me.

I’ve been thinking about moving into a group home. Does anyone know if they would force me to wear diapers if I have a hard time making it to the bathroom in time? I haven’t actually had an accident in years. But I’ve come close recently. I feel screwed because I don’t want to wear those things. I don’t want to have to shower every day. If that would even help.
In my experience, many group homes will try to make you wear the protective underwear. They will also almost surely insist on daily showers. The group homes have health and safety standards they must meet.

Hi. In my experience, as a woman, doing pelvic floor exercises helped with the accidents. As well was keeping that part of myself clean and using underwear that lets the crotch area breathe. And controlling liquid intake before bed. And if you can go to a doctor, the better.

I'm really overwhelmed. My independent living support worker thinks I should wear adult diapers. But I really can't afford them. And I don't want to take a shower everyday. That isn't good for your skin any way. We spent all day getting price quotes on diapers so the program would reimburse me. But it comes out of my wallet first and they pay me back a month later. I just can't afford to ear them. I hope she doesn't pressure me to wear them. I'm so overwhelmed. I think I should stick to yoga and kegal exercises. Maybe I should make a doctors appointment.

In my experience, many group homes will try to make you wear the protective underwear. They will also almost surely insist on daily showers. The group homes have health and safety standards they must meet.
Agreed. Technically such specialized residential facilities must legally abide by regulatory practices and liability requirements as specified by state law. Likely parallel to requirements similar to assisted living facilities, but with focus on the needs of autistic residents.

As to whether they rigidly follow them or not is anyone's guess. However it's prudent for anyone contemplating living in such a group home to assume they will.

Last edited:
I'm really overwhelmed. My independent living support worker thinks I should wear adult diapers. But I really can't afford them. And I don't want to take a shower everyday. That isn't good for your skin any way. We spent all day getting price quotes on diapers so the program would reimburse me. But it comes out of my wallet first and they pay me back a month later. I just can't afford to ear them. I hope she doesn't pressure me to wear them. I'm so overwhelmed. I think I should stick to yoga and kegal exercises. Maybe I should make a doctors appointment.
I come from a country that takes showers every day. It's not harmful, but necessary due to high temperatures. I know it's exhausting. But I do try to at least clean with soap and water the necessary parts at least. But if you can't maybe adult diapers are the only options. Good luck!

New Threads

Top Bottom