• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

i wish i was a bird so i could fly away from my life problems

dadko20

Screenshot_20240914_154530_Chrome.jpg

but sometimes i still wish to be a bird so that i could just fly whenever i want naturally and dont have to worry about anything except water and food like bugs and seeds and thats about it

You'd prefer to trade your human concerns for basic concerns.

It sounds simpler, you figure.

Oh, I wish I had wings like a dove.
I would fly away and find a place to rest.
7 I would go far into the desert and stay there. Selah

8 I would run away.
I would escape from this storm of trouble.

i wish i was a bird so i could fly away from my life problems
This sounds a lot like something called avoidance. Avoidance is a common reaction to anxiety and overwhelm - we can tell ourselves that working out our problems is impossible and getting away from them would be better.

Unfortunately, avoidance rarely solves any problems and the longer we avoid, the less capable we feel to actually take actions that would solve problems.

- Considering one problem at a time is less overwhelming. Looking at all of our problems and worries as one big picture can definitely be overwhelming. If we take things one problem at a time and break them down into pieces, it can be more like solving a puzzle than getting crushed by impossible problems.

- Staying focused on the present moment can help with remembered worries from the past and imagined worries about the future. As much as possible, it can be helpful to stay focused on the present moment - some people benefit from giving themselves 10 minutes a day to worry, but then after that, it's time to get busy and stay focused on other things.

- It can be helpful to stay active, drink water, eat healthy foods, and spend your time in ways that feel purposeful. Even when the world feels too impossible and we just want to stay in bed or fly away or just disappear, the best thing to do is to do something - go for a walk in nature, spend some time with an animal, do something helpful for another, write in a journal, complete a chore like laundry or tidying a room.

When I'm feeling overwhelmed, I like to get my camera and go finds some birds to photograph. Here's a bird for you for hope that you can find a way to feeling better.

95CA13DA-31A0-45A0-ABD8-C80DC863ABC1_1_105_c.jpeg

Felt this way when younger, like I couldn't figure out what to do anymore.....wishing for a way out.

Especially confusing when you don't mask properly, or have female click and constant sound of whispers and bitchy comments standing out between.

Take these three words out and it might have a different meaning...
Interesting. So another way of looking at it is it would be nice to be totally content with only water and food like bugs and seeds as a bird would. I think that is easier to do than becoming a bird. Still pretty hard though.

Last edited:
Fun fact:
The mating behaviors of birds are closer human's that almost every other mammal is, including the Great Apes.
So you'd be at home with at least one aspect or your avian life :)

New Threads

Top Bottom