• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm A Camera...

Storm Hess

Permanent Spaceman
I feel like a camera existing outside the realm of society...that all this is just a movie. I'm trying not to feel so detached, but I don't know how.

True, sometimes l feel l am walking thru vignettes of mini dramas which l have zero desire to be near. When people try to suck me in to their existance and l prefer my existance.

But l feel like a feng shui talisman, and l need to deflect negative energy away from me. I truly have no desire to enter energy pools of other people. Once you reach this point, living in solitude is rather peaceful.

I would like harmony and balance when l go out, and often this means being alone.

Last edited:
I feel like a camera existing outside the realm of society...that all this is just a movie. I'm trying not to feel so detached, but I don't know how.
You're fine, dude. You will figure this all out I promise you. I'm back to about what I was, and I feel like I just might make it through all this horror. Try psychedelics. It's the key to your mind. Literally.

That's autism speaking all right. The eternal outsider looking in. I often feel light a Martian with no background on what I'm seeing.

That's autism speaking all right. The eternal outsider looking in. I often feel light a Martian with no background on what I'm seeing.

I use to feel like an observer, now l don't care. Now l observe to stay alert of just crazy men going off, something my state is known for. Like the guy who rode his lawnmower drunk to the liquor store.

I don't relate to humans much either.
Often I see how people act and the lives they lead and wonder...
Are they really happy with the life they lead or is it an act?
Do they really feel the display of emotions they show or is it just what they think others expect?

There is so much I have not experienced or felt that most of the world seems to.
I faked it a lot when I was younger and good at masking, but, as I've gotten older,
I really don't care that much.
And I wonder how much of the world is honest in their actions, words, and life preferences.
Or how much of it is also an act or done just to be like the "IN" crowd.

I always felt more like the observer in the bubble, just floating through life self contained
behind an invisiable wall no one could enter. Looking out, more than looking in.
And by the way, I'm from the planet Hoova. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom