• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm out of control

Starflowerpower87

I'm back to my bad habit of buying too much clothes. I don't need anymore. My closet and dresser are maxed. But it's like an addiction. I love buying clothes. But I can't afford it. I like to go out to eat. It's my favorite thing to do second to buying clothes. I just can't afford both. I'm on a program where I have a worker who assists me with independent living. They say you can get a lock box for your debit card and they take the key. I might have to lock my card up. I'm not sure how that would work out for me because what if there was an emergency? I wouldn't have my card. What if I ran out of food? I wouldn't be able to buy more. Not sure about that.

At the beginning of the month I smoked pot. It gave me the will power to stop buying clothes for a month. But I'm a schizophrenic and am not supposed to smoke it. It's taking a lot of will power not to smoke it this weekend to help with my clothes addiction. What do you do when your addicted to spending money?

When I find I am spending too much on something, I spend time looking at or using the items I’ve been buying. Another tactic I use is to focus on a special interest or previous special interest to distract myself from buying impulses or compulsions.
Another approach you could take might be selling or returning some of the excessive clothes you bought.

My ex-friend had ADHD, and bought tons of clothes, among other things, then spent endless time bringing it back. She never resolved it, and dosen't buy if she dosen't have money.

New Threads

Top Bottom