• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Im tempted to go back to college to save the salton sea.

AspieOtaku

Leader of the otaku legion!
I can change my major to environmental stewardship! And save the salton Sea! Im soo tempted, save the lake also cheap property near a sea too in a desert. Make a canal from both the Pacific and Gulf of California and flood the sea! Kill the sewage from the new river pumping in too! Add more fresh water reduce salinity to where its Ocean lvl and sea life is in there an inland sea in a Desert.

That sounds very worthwhile and interesting. Is there a downside, or do you think you may do this?

That sounds very worthwhile and interesting. Is there a downside, or do you think you may do this?
Well? For years people propose to save the lake, its drying up and leaving toxic dust for the locals, it used to be a famous tourist destination 60 years ago. The concept of an inland sea in a desert fascinates me.

It was a mistake in 1909 but a cool one, i seen soo many vids on the salton sea, i would love make it a tourest attraction like it was in the 50s again, more fish again too only fish are Tilapia, i wish the government would wake up to revive the sea and follow through, property is super cheap now if the lake is revived it would pay off! Water from the pacific pumped in and gulf of California, more rivers redirected to it, sewage treatment for the new river and make a canal from the sea to the ocean to reduce salinity and possibly even sea life in that sea.

@AspieOtaku

In your first post you mentioned changing your major.
When was most current enrollment?
What is your most recent major?

@AspieOtaku

In your first post you mentioned changing your major.
When was most current enrollment?
What is your most recent major?
It was Geology but i didnt do good in math, intermediate algebra no matter how hard i tried i did my best and still failed i studied for days no sleep still failed in math, my dreams crushed. Im settled working for Google for now, its been 8 years since i been to college, environmental might be easier i think, im good at science i excell but not good at math.Another back up could be Zoology and be a herpetologist, im great at both life science and Earth science i Ace easilly its math at intermediate algebra im not good at. I can pick up many languages easilly and speak 9 languages but thats due to echolalia took a Mandarin class and had an A plus.Im a master at Earth science but suck at Algebra its a joke. I can explain plate tectonics perfectly, tbe age of the planet how everything works physically but cant pass intermediate algebra. I know volcanic activity and seismology too but not math its ironic..

Last edited:
I think im best at a Science major that is not so highly dependant on math, perhaps biology i guess, i had experience with CART in my highschool days taking water samples etc it was a polytech extra curricular activity for those with high gpas but that was highschool. I was in the environmental class.

Last edited:
main - CART i did have a partener at CART we raised a coral reef environment in a fish tank and a successful evironment and inspired funding for the Aquarius Aquarium Institute. This was back in 2000 My partners name was Ramero I was on the Newspaper as Tony Thomas as his partner though my legal name is Jerald my Nickname is Tony. It was on the Fresno Bee newspaper long ago. This was way back in Clovis California.

Last edited:
I have knowlege in volcanic activity and the fossil record too just not good in math but also knowlege in genetics, biology i memorized all the organels of the cell. Centrioles responsible for cell division. Nucleus the center of the cell mitochondria the power house of the cell etc.

It was Geology but i didnt do good in math, intermediate algebra no matter how hard i tried i did my best and still failed i studied for days no sleep still failed in math, my dreams crushed. Im settled working for Google for now, its been 8 years since i been to college, environmental might be easier i think, im good at science i excell but not good at math.Another back up could be Zoology and be a herpetologist, im great at both life science and Earth science i Ace easilly its math at intermediate algebra im not good at. I can pick up many languages easilly and speak 9 languages but thats due to echolalia took a Mandarin class and had an A plus.Im a master at Earth science but suck at Algebra its a joke. I can explain plate tectonics perfectly, tbe age of the planet how everything works physically but cant pass intermediate algebra. I know volcanic activity and seismology too but not math its ironic..
You sound similar to me - maths and in praticular algebra was a big stumbling block for me.

It sounds like you are good at a lot of subjects that could be fascinating to study or find work in related areas. Environmental work must be very satisfying.

It sounds like you are good at a lot of subjects that could be fascinating to study or find work in related areas. Environmental work must be very satisfying.
I think environmental is my calling. I make enough money at Google without requiring a student loan for tuition, i can do it without being in debt.

I fell flat on my face in math. I was fine thru intermediate algebra. It was trig and analytical geometry that was my downfall. Altho I'll never know if I'd had my head screwed on straight I might have been able to carry on. It was really difficult to focus when I felt I had no reason at all to live.

New Threads

Top Bottom