• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm tired of being treated like garbage.

theeviloneisyou

It's been like this my entire life. I was bullied for my weight and being on the spectrum, my mother physically and verbally abused me, my father was never there for me at all, and I've had friends and relatives criticize me and ghost me out of nowhere. While working in education, I was subjected to verbal abuse by students and apathy at best by the administrators. In fact, the principal at the last school I worked at told me, a college educated adult that I would be better off working at Burger King.

I don't get it. I've made mistakes in my life to be sure, but I don't deserve this. All the abuse and mistreatment I've gotten in my life weighs on me constantly. It seems like I can't go a day without remembering some terrible thing someone did or said to me. I want to move on with my life and forward to a better future, but to do that I have to come to terms with my past, and I'm not sure how to.

Get use too it. Not a damn thing you can do will change the outcome. You can lose some or most of the weight and try to join clubs to make friends but in the long run most will abandon or backstab you while the rest will tolerate or pretend to like you

I'm not sure what your past has to do with the way that people treat you. I can relate to the sense that people take turns strangling you in such rapid succession that you never find space to catch your breath.
databank_forcechoke_01_169_93e4b0cf.jpeg

Get use too it. Not a damn thing you can do will change the outcome. You can lose some or most of the weight and try to join clubs to make friends but in the long run most will abandon or backstab you while the rest will tolerate or pretend to like you
I've been through a lot of that.

It's been like this my entire life. I was bullied for my weight and being on the spectrum, my mother physically and verbally abused me, my father was never there for me at all, and I've had friends and relatives criticize me and ghost me out of nowhere. While working in education, I was subjected to verbal abuse by students and apathy at best by the administrators. In fact, the principal at the last school I worked at told me, a college educated adult that I would be better off working at Burger King.

I don't get it. I've made mistakes in my life to be sure, but I don't deserve this. All the abuse and mistreatment I've gotten in my life weighs on me constantly. It seems like I can't go a day without remembering some terrible thing someone did or said to me. I want to move on with my life and forward to a better future, but to do that I have to come to terms with my past, and I'm not sure how to.
Friends and partners are additive to your life and should enhance it. Those are the people that matter. Co-workers and bosses don't matter...at this point and time, a necessary evil. These people don't matter. No, you don't deserve it. That part you have to prove to yourself and others, so they don't make the same mistake again. You have to dig up your self respect and defend yourself verbally (and physically) if you need to. This world is not kind and most people do not care about anyone else if it's not affecting them.

Never underestimate yourself or anyone else. :)

I have been consistently undervalued in various workplaces. Even when I was working hard in some jobs and was measurably outperforming my peers, I was still treated as different, presumably because of not being NT.

It sucks - and in many areas of life, many autistic people will fall behind and stay behind.

I managed to obtain a bachelor's degree with honours, plus I did a postgraduate certificate, to give me some self esteem and accreditation of my abilities, but neither of those qualifications have really helped me get a 'proper' job thus far.

I am overweight too, and people have more often made fun of my weight than pointed to any qualifications that I have.

I kinda of feel people in general bully everyone. Hazing, you have to stand up for yourself, knock down barriers, plow ahead. It's not easy. My last job, the cook and the bar manager constantly bullied me. My step-father was a bully. My mom is a control freak. I feel they were a good representation of what's out there.

I did lot of work on confidence building and I found people sense this and reacted differently. I used to apologise for everything I did, head down, and when that changed to head up and belief in myself ....better reaction.

I think pretty much everyone here can say the same thing. Getting shunted aside and ignored is part of the lifestyle. You don't have to like it, but you do have to learn that it happens and will continue to happen. Being the best candidate for a job is noting if you don't interview well. Being called strange, weird, and creepy by women is the result of not being able to socialize.

Life is not fair. Endure.

I think pretty much everyone here can say the same thing. Getting shunted aside and ignored is part of the lifestyle. You don't have to like it, but you do have to learn that it happens and will continue to happen. Being the best candidate for a job is noting if you don't interview well. Being called strange, weird, and creepy by women is the result of not being able to socialize.

Life is not fair. Endure.
The same company that doesn't call you back hires a crook because they are comfortable that a "well-adjusted" person doesn't mention lapses of ethics. The woman who calls you creepy, will go date a badboy who is a real creep, but in a conventional manner which leaves her comfortable because she can comprehend vices better than autism. It's the way of the world.

I have been consistently undervalued in various workplaces. Even when I was working hard in some jobs and was measurably outperforming my peers, I was still treated as different, presumably because of not being NT.

It sucks - and in many areas of life, many autistic people will fall behind and stay behind.

I managed to obtain a bachelor's degree with honours, plus I did a postgraduate certificate, to give me some self esteem and accreditation of my abilities, but neither of those qualifications have really helped me get a 'proper' job thus far.

I am overweight too, and people have more often made fun of my weight than pointed to any qualifications that I have
Some times there's nothing more satisfying than to prove people wrong...on all levels.

I had a thread that can't find now, but related that our country of origin has huge influence on autistic persons views. When we speak autism town and whether it would work, it may provided the town isn't mixed diversity. Despite that for example many integrated into German culture, the children varied from mixed marriage and hence Germany had integration issues into EU during world wars. However actual family isn't relatable with autism.

So in protected life in Netherlands autistic people probably state law is law in front of jury whereas asd in some other countries would say relative background can be reviewed to check why the person commited a crime, influence, access to job, whether respected others safety. And judgement may incorporate community service or even help for person.

I'm so tired it's not that I was treated like disabled, just like a black sheep with radical views. I used to believe I was stupid but as I got older it's changed when I realised how much I get used, how spend lot time covering up what I now call theft, despite me blocking them they return to drink my blood to answer their life problems, horrid part is how I feel don't want to pay.
I'm interested in 'planet of apes' at moment in respect of protecting work and lifestyle needs of those on spectrum, I don't live amongst my own culture so hence it's all more difficult to gain a perspective.

New Threads

Top Bottom