• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Immature question on dust allergy

Rachie

I know this is a kind of immature thinking and the answer I am unlikely to find out in this world. I don't poke my nose in where not wanted. But I had this thought that I was found to have an allergy at two around in medical letters I saw. It wasn't though medically tested by bloods till much later in my life. I have an allergy a strong one to dust. I have a dust mite allergy which I can get inside and outside badly all year around. I am fine with it though and I take medication.

Then the Bible I know we are made from dust in God's image and are spirit as well. Now no way is that the same dust that affects me. I can be tapping gently hitting my body thinking things I don't as a cover up stealing my words like a tic. They just share the word dust lol. Strange one eh. There is no way I was created to be allergic to myself and the world and environment has changed since Bibical times in many ways. We now have issues with the ozone layer and asthma for example
I have been prescribed an inhaler long story.

On this subject of childhood illness. I was admitted about 2-3 months with an infection and given antibiotics I believe. I have the letter. Research has found those in this group are more likely to get autism and mental health issues. I have the links but am outside I am fond of this forum that much haha but will check when I get home. I can be a bit lazy as well but it's still my time lol.

The body is made of materials found on earth, so yes is 'dust' and liquids too.
And we have metals in our body, but we don't want to eat or sniff metals.

Thank you jsilver256, I will read your recommendation to scripture later today and thank you NB79 for posting that was helpful.
I believe in coming here and saying the truth as you know it and experienced it.
So I will say I have thought about going to the History museum in South Kensighton in London.They have an earth room which interests me. Unfortunetly before going I googled and saw for some Christians it is no go place for what they say about dinosaurs and creation in some sections. That is a bit off putting to me. Hard to miss as well by mapping. Me, I'm somewhere in the middle and going nowhere as I can't say they have never exisited but I have never seen them so cannot vouch even if the fossils. I never personally saw it. I saw a Zebra, Lion and a Tiger at London Zoo and I say that positivily and we all know that one. It seems a bit strange that some on the specturm cannot believe in religion for not seeing even though the whole of creation but will believe in dinosaurs and may be some even unicorns which I don't at all. I'm not sitting in the middle so much with them. Earth room might be good for me. I also don't like seeing bones as such and so big with my nerves. Complicated.
I have attached my results and it is closely related to the seafood it was high in my tests but not quite an allergy. It is connected. What on earth have we done to the world. The Garden of Eden was not like this. I have the link to the study.
I thought I was two to the allergy. I was born on the 22 03 73 so may be the allergy also exisited perviously before 2 when I went to hospital with my dad concerned with my sister. I feel a bit emontional now.
A Nationwide Study in Denmark of the Association Between Treated Infections and the Subsequent Risk of Treated Mental Disorders in Children and Adolescents

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 55.JPG
    55.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 1
I've had such an allergy since a small child. Living in the tropics (Guam) was an "allergy nightmare" for my brother and I. We ended up leaving to return to the mainland while my father had to serve out his tour of duty there for another year plus.

The one thing I never contemplated was my dust allergy (plus ragweed, sage and pollens) when I moved from the Bay Area to Nevada. Nevada being mostly desert has an incredible amount of very fine dust that can penetrate even my apartment with the windows closed 98% of the time year round. Keeps me busy always dusting, whether prompted by my nose or just my OCD.

It's the one thing that makes life challenging living here. I take OTC medications like Cetrizine and go to bed wearing nasal strips...they help but are certainly no cure.

It is a very real struggle for a number of people.

I had really bad reactions to ragweed when I was young. Luckily, my body has learned not to react. It's the reactions to an allergy that are uncomfortable and annoying. Having an allergy is just part of the human experience - it is biological. Eczema plagued me also. It has all passed. Medicated creams did nothing. I tend to believe that my eczema was a nervous reaction, but I have no proof. The eczema was embarrassing - it looked like a horrible disease. Your post makes me wonder if ASD kids are prone to specific skin reactions like your pollen issues.

Judge your post was so insightful as some people say tropical countries have less allergies. My mum have always said when she goes abroad the air is good etc. I am prescribed allergy tablets to which I choose to take at night to try and help me rest Chlorphenamine. It happens all year round. It was really bad in Sainsbury's and there are no beds and the floor was dirty. In hospital it was bad with the windows and sometimes my speech is affected.
Both post plus Tony’s I have been considering if this thing I like itsu seaweed wasabi is alright for me. I said this question where is it from. I am not there to observe. The Bible says under the sea is to be avoided. I think it grows on the land but may be it is connected to seafood which my body doesn't like as well. My dad got really unwell to seafood as well recently, too much on his plate at once. I have dry skin badly which is basically like eczema as well with the cream.
Allergy can make it harder as you can get irritated.

Last edited:
Judge your post was so insightful as some people say tropical countries have less allergies. My mum have always said when she goes abroad the air is good etc. I am prescribed allergy tablets to which I choose to take at night to try and help me rest Chlorphenamine. It happens all year round. It was really bad in Sainsbury's and there are no beds and the floor was dirty. In hospital it was bad with the windows and sometimes my speech is affected.
Both post plus Tony’s I have been considering if this thing I like itsu seaweed wasabi is alright for me. I said this question where is it from. I am not there to observe. The Bible says under the sea is to be avoided. I think it grows on the land but may be it is connected to seafood which my body doesn't like as well. My dad got really unwell to seafood as well recently, too much on his plate at once. I have dry skin badly which is basically like eczema as well with the cream.
Allergy can make it harder as you can get irritated.

Sounds familiar. I took Chlorpheniramine Maleate for years as a child. But back when I lived on Guam there was nothing prescribed for me or my brother, who later turned out to have more complex allergies than I did, requiring regular rounds of shots for a few years.

Dry skin continues to plague me as a senior citizen too.

One thing that periodically concerns me is that my meds may be "backfiring" on me, causing more problems than solutions. Where overly dry nasal passages as a result of taking meds continually at night may be making matters worse. In my early 20s I ended up addicted to nose drops (Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride) for about three years. Where the nose drops were actually constricting my nasal passages rather than opening them.

Judge another helpful post. My night time has really all over the place. I use more than that at night. I am working on it and taking some medication out, but there some agreement there.

As for the itsu seaweed wasabi.
This is the product
itsu - eat beautiful

I saw the below on a website and it reads like double dutch to me not saying either way. Like it grown below and come up, what on earth. I don't want to use anything that comes below the sea.

"The most likely method would be to grow large expanses of kelp that are then sunk to great depths of the ocean (more than 1,000 meters or 0.6 mile)."
Seaweed Cultivation - Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution

When I had a seafood reaction recently I couldn't call it, me and my dad was very unwell.

A bit of humour but truth as well, how would have they managed with a plague of locusts. Sometimes my father's style just makes me giggle in all of this.

jsilver256 I read the scripture, it was helpful. This was an agreement as well and a comfort, thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) lists pesticides as one of four environmental pollutants that may influence the induction and exacerbation of asthma symptoms. Pesticides do this by irritating the lungs as they are breathed in.

My ex and his family has asthma, I think he's ADHD but just guess. Strange we moved and are now in area he grew up, they don't reside here due to humidity.
Having assessed safety of swimming in lagoon due to sewage spill, I realised then that 40 years ago the pesticide level was bad. It's banana plantations and frequency of spraying. A slight panic, but I think it's ok as we don't have his allergies. He has asthma combined hives, allergic to mold, dust, washing detergent, pollen etc.
This time I fumigated with vinegar, as last spider invasion left me with ghastly flu like symptoms. It took days to clear smell out the house.
Spectrum could just incl. Adhd and slight variations may being exposure to different chemicals so epilepsy (maize) being worst.

Do you have nut allergy?

Slightly off subject, but I still have my ADHD on glutton free diet, giving vitamin supplements, but he's so hyper, he takes off to go exploring (during school hours) Now ants in pants? He has fire ants, this boy moves so fast previously had police find him and boy did he give em hard time. This time I spoke to local fisherman to put out word and they found him. He clearing somewhere and got bites all over his leg.... Put some calamine lotion. 3 days later he escaped out roof, gone wandering. At first I thought he sick of me and his brother and can't relate to ASD

I'm trying to keep him locked in his room, no access pocket money for chocolate and praying the symptoms go down to manageable level. But due to his behaviour I felt pressure to use meds, the situation isn't ideal. I've got to lock him up for few weeks to test Candida diet

Kayla55 I am sorry to read that your son has been affected like that.
I do not have a peanut allergy to my knowledge as my bloods were tested for a peanut allergy RAST test and it was negative.
I have been saying that some seafood is connected to the dust mite allergy and to add more information on this it is tropomyosin that is in both that connects them. Once my mouth was very affected after trying a very small amount of dry fish. Full of dust or what but never again. Below is my dust mite allergy results.
This is a link to a study about the dust mite seafood cross reactivity.
High rate of house dust mite sensitization in a shrimp allergic southern Ontario population - Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology

Attachments

• 1000005660.jpg
    1000005660.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 0

New Threads

Top Bottom