• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is Heaven for God's benefit, the person's benefit or both?

Magna

V.I.P Member
Is Heaven something to benefit God, the people who exist in Heaven or both?

Benefitting God: To think that (having people in) Heaven is a benefit for/to God is weird because it's not something that God needs. God having a need or even a desire would connote something being deficient or lacking of which, God has neither.

Benefitting the person in Heaven: Obviously every person's life experience on Earth is different. There are people that suffer tremendously and have an overall agonizing life. However, it's probably safe to say that for most people, their life experience is moderate (ie has both "ups" and "downs"). I would put myself in this category. We don't know for sure if there are other planets in the Universe that have intelligent life and are as lush and unique as planet Earth. It's possible that Earth is such a universal anomaly that it's incomprehensibly rare and special and that life on Earth for the majority of people is by definition, winning THE most amazing "lottery" in the Universe. If Heaven was for the benefit of the individual, wouldn't each person's idea of Heaven be different? For example, if I was given a choice of living my life as it is currently and at the age I currently am for eternity or...choosing an ethereal concept of biblical Heaven...I would pick my Heaven as my life now. Given that Earth is insanely unique, beautiful and priceless, it actually seems offensive and greedy for me to want something different, more, "better", etc.

Benefitting both God and people in Heaven: See both points above.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.
1st Corinthians 2:9 KJV

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.
1st Corinthians 2:9 KJV

I would humbly settle for my life on Earth as my "Heaven". I can't really grasp the concept that wanting "perfect eternal bliss" is something that should be strived for over and above truly appreciating and loving this life we've been given on this planet Earth.

Last edited:
You can accept God's gift of eternal life and still be grateful for the things He has provided you with in this life.

Very, very long theological discussion cut short - heaven is not a "reward" or some static state of everlasting happiness. You go to heaven because you want and made the choice to be with Jesus. No more, no less.

Heaven is a state of serving Jesus for eternity in the New Earth. We will all still have jobs, roles, growth, etc.

Basically think of this life as a tutorial run for a video game. The purpose of the tutorial is to decide if you want to keep playing the game or not. In this case, the "game" being eternity with Jesus.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom