• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It’s 3:30 in the morning, I am alone all weekend.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I seriously need more of a life. I wish my gym was still open 24 hours, but that got changed during the pandemic. I need to get the hell out of my head, for there nothing but insanity lingers.

I need solutions, not venting.

I want to escape my skin and be a new man.

Alone all weekend? That sounds like heaven. Actually, that's how I spend most of mine. I even have a home-gym like people used to do in the olden days :D

Are you an extrovert, perhaps? I don't know what that's like, but it certainly sounds interesting.

I seriously need more of a life. I wish my gym was still open 24 hours, but that got changed during the pandemic. I need to get the hell out of my head, for there nothing but insanity lingers.

I need solutions, not venting.

I want to escape my skin and be a new man.
Personally being alone for a weekend is a dream for me. Sorry you're have a rough time. As for the gym not being open 24/7 have you ever looked into at home body weight / calisthenics routines? It'll give you a great workout and at least for a time help your mind. Get some of those good endorphins pumping in your brain.

You can do physical things at home too. You just need some resistance belts, some weights to lift, and some music to pump you up. And you can also do stretches before and after the workout, it feels good as well.

Personally being alone for a weekend is a dream for me. Sorry you're have a rough time. As for the gym not being open 24/7 have you ever looked into at home body weight / calisthenics routines? It'll give you a great workout and at least for a time help your mind. Get some of those good endorphins pumping in your brain.
Yeah, I have a set of dumbbells here, but I do not know which YouTube videos I should trust for workout routines or which ones give horrible advice. I heard stories of people really screwing themselves up by not using weights properly.

Alone all weekend? That sounds like heaven. Actually, that's how I spend most of mine. I even have a home-gym like people used to do in the olden days :D

Are you an extrovert, perhaps? I don't know what that's like, but it certainly sounds interesting.
I am an extroverted Aspie.

Yeah, I have a set of dumbbells here, but I do not know which YouTube videos I should trust for workout routines or which ones give horrible advice. I heard stories of people really screwing themselves up by not using weights properly.
That's where calisthenics and body weight exercises are great. And trust me you'll get a great workout that way without weights. And it's just safer all around. I've spent years in and out of gyms and these days I'm not going back to the weights. Well not more than than the 5-35lbs dumbbells I have at home. Now my focus is on flexibility and core strength. The things they warn us to start working on early so it doesn't get us in old age.

It doesn’t help that I am feeling a sugar crash. I had a large fountain Mountain Dew a couple of hours ago in a moment of weakness. My brain is telling me that was a massive mistake.

Maybe in the solitude you might feel like doing a new movie review? Or a spontaneous adventure - take a bus to a new town/city and have a look around? Have you ever tried meetups in your area? How about trying a brand new recipe for a delicious meal?

I think action and subsequent tiredness can help with not getting too stuck in your thoughts and your past.

Maybe in the solitude you might feel like doing a new movie review? Or a spontaneous adventure - take a bus to a new town/city and have a look around? Have you ever tried meetups in your area? How about trying a brand new recipe for a delicious meal?

I think action and subsequent tiredness can help with not getting too stuck in your thoughts and your past.
I'd like to see a movie review as well. We need a new forum thread "Metalhead at the Movies" @Metalhead looks like you've got some homework. :)

We need a new forum thread "Metalhead at the Movies"
We have one! ☺️

We have one! ☺️
Thank you kindly for drawing my attention to this. After I get done my groceries and other errands in town this morning I'll be looking forward to checking this out.

It really is up to me to show myself the love that everybody in my family is pathologically incapable of showing me. One day at a time. One step at a time.

It really is up to me to show myself the love that everybody in my family is pathologically incapable of showing me. One day at a time. One step at a time.
Yes, I learned to do it this year, and I'm sure you'll master it soon as well. Wishing you all the best. 💚

New Threads

Top Bottom