• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've just applied to Virgin Media again!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
For part time "Field sales" but I doubt I'll get it, they'll want somebody that can drive for the travelling aspect of the job.

Meh, I tried.

Does anyone here know Richard Branson's private no? I'm sure he could pull some strings for you.

Seriously though, I've said before that I have a lot of respect for you for trying, even if you can't drive and they need a driver there's still a slim chance they could refer you to another position and if not it's all experience. Keep applying and you will get a job sooner or later. Well done!

Have you thought about doing something like being a Security Guard? I am doing that now and it is easy and low stress.

Have you thought about doing something like being a Security Guard? I am doing that now and it is easy and low stress.

Good suggestion but to be a Security guard you have to look intimidating, be at least 6'8" and probably about 300 lbs dripping wet.

I'm a 14 and half stone midget who's about as intimidating as a piece of mouldy Cheese! :D

Good suggestion but to be a Security guard you have to look intimidating, be at least 6'8" and probably about 300 lbs dripping wet.

I'm a 14 and half stone midget who's about as intimidating as a piece of mouldy Cheese! :D

Naw, that was the old way of thinking. Security Guards are of all shapes and sizes. Mostly, the guard companies are just desperate to have a reliable, uniformed body to fill a seat. For the most part security is boring and repetitive but it does pay well and if you get an evening or night shift, you basically have the place to yourself. Due to all kinds of legal issues, the companies do not want you to get physically involved in an altercation. They tell you just to call the police if you have to. Mostly, security is about firewatch and safety watch. I know that my employer, G4S, is headquartered in England. Perhaps you could look them up. Most security is contract work so you will be employed by a security guard company and placed on a site. Sites vary from industrial and commercial to healthcare. There are also different levels of security with different levels of responsibility. You could even ask to be placed at an office building.

Naw, that was the old way of thinking. Security Guards are of all shapes and sizes. Mostly, the guard companies are just desperate to have a reliable, uniformed body to fill a seat. For the most part security is boring and repetitive but it does pay well and if you get an evening or night shift, you basically have the place to yourself. Due to all kinds of legal issues, the companies do not want you to get physically involved in an altercation. They tell you just to call the police if you have to. Mostly, security is about firewatch and safety watch. I know that my employer, G4S, is headquartered in England. Perhaps you could look them up. Most security is contract work so you will be employed by a security guard company and placed on a site. Sites vary from industrial and commercial to healthcare. There are also different levels of security with different levels of responsibility. You could even ask to be placed at an office building.

So to be in security, I wouldn't have to look like a younger version of Mark Labett off the Chase? (He's the Chaser on the American version).

New Threads

Top Bottom