• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jacuzzi survey

Hot tubs?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • They’re ok.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Hell, no!

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I prefer ice baths!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if they’re on a private residence.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I want a hot tub in my back yard, but my landlord would evict me if I had one installed without her consent first.

Best bath I ever took was a woodburning stove coffeepot bath on a freezing day outside a shack in the middle of a forest. You heat the water, go outside, and wash up with a towel and that hot water. Gets you good and clean and wakes you right up!

I'm a "hell no!"

Hate the feel of being in one.
Hate the idea of being in one that anyone else has been in.

I am averse to baths, too.

If the need to swim ever comes up, I know how. But I highly doubt I will need that useless skill any time soon. Being in water feels similar to touching frost, 0/10 activity.

They're okay. I have something of a heat sensitivity. I can't use saunas for the same reason. I like it okay for a short while but it becomes overwhelming very quickly.

I was staying with some friends when they got one. I think we spent about as much time doing the installation as we did using it over the first two years. It is one of those things that is much better in anticipation than realization.

I especially like using the hot tub in the middle of winter, at night, when no one else is there. It's how my daughter learned to swim as a little one.

There's nothing more invigorating than putting bathrobes over bathing suits, lacing up snow boots and racing down the road to the hot tub, dodging snowdrifts, and then that relief when you sink your body into the hot water.

We would usually get to the hot tub around 830ish at night, and stay until just before 10, when the maintainance man would lock it up.

The privacy, the snow, the moonlight, sometimes it was even raining a little while steam rose from the bubbling jets. Great fun. Great memories. My daughter can swim because of it.

And then getting out of the hot tub, fumbling to quickly put on snow boots and bathrobes, and race back home before the body warmth wore off.

Best bath I ever took was a woodburning stove coffeepot bath on a freezing day outside a shack in the middle of a forest. You heat the water, go outside, and wash up with a towel and that hot water. Gets you good and clean and wakes you right up!
I have taken many a teakettle bath in my life. Yes, they are lovely.

Sure, it's good for keeping warm. :)

1717939462461.png

I want a hot tub in my back yard, but my landlord would evict me if I had one installed without her consent first.

All for good reason. Her property and liability insurer would dump her in a heartbeat unless such an exposure was properly underwritten and approved. Similar to how they underwrite swimming pools. With health and safety considerations particularly focused on infants and toddlers who statistically so easily drown every year.

However, such exposures are expected to be monitored and maintained by staff on the premises. With the issues of care, custody and control in the hands of the manager- not any tenant. I can't imagine any insurer who would allow a tenant sole or even partial responsibility for maintaining such an exposure.

If it happens, it's likely without the consent of a landlord where their insurer is unaware of the exposure at the time of inspection. And that once such an unauthorized exposure is discovered, it may well meet state requirements allowing underwriters to cancel the landlord's policy midterm. Making their search for a new insurance carrier more difficult, and even more expensive.

Last edited:
Only a small, private, made for one type.
Like those walk-in Jacuzzi tubs with colored lights and scents.
That would feel good for muscle aches and pains or just to relax.

Enjoy a Jacuzzi. However, l will buy bags of ice and try a ice bath one day. But l do think about the ick factor. I don't like gym pools or jacuzzi.

Last edited:
Love jacuzzis and pools. There's nothing that is going to make you sick as long as you properly maintain it. Even if it isn't properly maintained, keep your head above water, and you're fine. Unless you have an open wound, your skin is impermeable. But, unreasoning fear of contamination is often strong in autistic people.

New Threads

Top Bottom