• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

just was put on Zoloft

Erica Griswold

I stopped Citalopram a few months ago.Citalopram stopped working and was just keeping me from crying. My mom says I am angry and nervous all the time. My psychiatrist put me on Zoloft. I started Zoloft yesterday and so far so good. That along with not looking at the news, which has been a huge help.

For those of you who have taken Zoloft, how were your experiences with it?

Zoloft helped me quite a bit with depression and anxiety. I took it for years but now I take Prozac. Prozac is similar to Zoloft, but I find Zoloft makes me a little sleepy. Maybe because it reduced my anxiety?
Good luck with it and I hope it helps.

For me it worked (helped with sleep and reduced anxiety) and I was able to come off it after a few months, but it took quiet a while (about 2 weeks) before it kicked in.

The only SSRI I was ever on was Celexa. Which did the trick for bad generalized anxiety I had. But in the long run it started working "too good" and I started becoming too fearless, reckless and aggressive. So I was weaned off it.

After the initial placebo week, there was no effect despite multiple doubling of dosage. In the end, I just stopped taking it after a few months.

It's highly individual though. Try it for for some weeks, at least two but closer to four, and decide for yourself.

Just working on acknowledging my feelings more these days without crossing the line to much.
But l hope this pill helps you.

Low dose Zoloft (25mg) was one of the best SSRI I ever took. It's very good for depression and also PTSD. My doctor kept increasing the dose and I found it less effective as time went on, so she would increase it again.

On higher doses I felt emotionally numb and actually couldn't / didn't shed a tear for a couple of years. I wasn't really aware of the numbness at the time because it happened slowly over time. It got to a point I wanted to quit, so I worked backward to 25 mg again, and it was great.

When I first started it caused extreme anxiety for a few weeks, but that eventually tapered off.

I did 20mg Prozac for decades. I didn't like how it zeroed out my sex drive. It also kept me from crying. But there are times when you need to cry and not being able to cry hurt. I tapered off it when I retired and no longer had insane stress at work. There's a little bit of depression now and then but nothing compared to pre-Prozac.

I stopped Citalopram a few months ago.Citalopram stopped working and was just keeping me from crying. My mom says I am angry and nervous all the time. My psychiatrist put me on Zoloft. I started Zoloft yesterday and so far so good. That along with not looking at the news, which has been a huge help.

For those of you who have taken Zoloft, how were your experiences with it?

People react to different antidepressants in very different ways. So don't worry if anyone reacted negatively - that will be very specific to their neurochemistry. And avoiding the news at the moment sounds like a great idea!

I have Always had some kind of allergy to or upside down effects with ssri medications. I had a very unpleasant experience with Zoloft when I tried it; invasive thoughts, insomnia, low appetite, and enhanced depression. I was on it for 1.5-2 months. Again though, all those types of medications have adverse reactions for me in particular and can be different for others. I hope it has helpful positive results for you.
best wishes,
Rocco

New Threads

Top Bottom