• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

liberation from "normal" life

kityoume

Realizing that you're neurodivergent is like getting an exemption from a gym class at school, but it's an exemption from a "normal" life.
Now you know you don't have to go there.
Although you already ran away from every lesson

My classmates went to physical education so much that one person, when he forgot his pants, put his jumper on his legs instead of them through the sleeves and went like that.
and he was still not weird to everyone, he was just funny, but I don't even have to do anything and I'm still weird.

To me "weird" is no more significant than what "normal" may be. Just another "yin" to someone's "yang".

Just be yourself in as much as you can without having to pay too high a cost.

As far back as I can remember I had been called "weird". In reflection, I became very proud to be weird. I'm not a generic person. I'm different. I'm weird! and proud of it. I never knew I was autistic. I hadn't even heard the word (until late in life), but I knew I was weird and I felt like others should be jealous.

Such a good way to describe it. Also you don't have to beat yourself up for not meeting some ridiculous standard

Realizing that you're neurodivergent is like getting an exemption from a gym class at school, but it's an exemption from a "normal" life.
Now you know you don't have to go there.
Although you already ran away from every lesson

I wish it was, some days. But I am in the "normal" world: society. Thought not everything is bad about that.

In junior high I got to skip field day and read The Time Machine. Sometimes I wish that was my life. I'd still be at the mercy of a very different society, though. So it is good to be there, unrecognized, living my secret life.

New Threads

Top Bottom