• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking for a thread on answering the door

Rachie

Hi, I often find threads quite hard to find on this forum. I have an issue with remembering where some threads are and the search for me doesn't work often that well. Today, I have spent quite some time looking for a thread on people not liking or wanting to answer open their front door. The thread was quite long the last time I saw it. I do not wish to create my own thread, but if you know the thread is I am referring to, please you link to it for me here. Thank you Rachel

These are what I have found so far.....

I avoid the front door. People knocking/ ringing/ posting mail makes.me jump out of my skin! I won't answer unless I know I'm due a package.

I think I have the most problem with these door-to-door salespeople. I have a real difficult time with being rude and cutting them off, so I end up listening to their sales pitch, which seems like wasting their time and mine. If my wife is home, I have her answer the door, even if it is little kids selling stuff. She's a lot better at that interaction than I am. I wish I could just say, "I am not spending any money today." and send them on their way. Seems easy enough behind a computer screen, but in practice, not so much for some reason.

If I am expecting someone, family, friends, repair person, etc. I don't have a problem.

Thank you so much tree for posting those links. The second one sounded promising but it is too old to be it. It was something like do you respond to your front door or answer the door.
Now I cannot seem to find it,, I will write here what I wanted to say.
Some delivery just freak me out at home before I even get to the door. They can knock and then they start banging and knocking im quick sucession and I don't like it and it can jump me out my skin in my own house and it can happen to me when people are talking in tones or loudness and my frame like my whole structure can feel affected. They have done this so much recently and I had to tell one to just take it down a complete stranger to me. It is no joke. I know as well logically they are probably working him under all conditions but both should go on.
I am a Christian as well and I like to treat every human decently. but may be have been a bit naive at times, like someone from came to do an assessment and I had't even washed myaelf and was wearing my nightdress and let them in trusting them as a human being not even knowing their faith and my dad said I should never do it again and they might not not good intentions for me, who knows and could be snooping on me.
i can dodge the door as well in the past more and just stay silent and I'm truly busy I might ignore and they don't just tell them to remove themselves with the intense repetition I find hard to bare as noise.
With co conditions Anorexia there were times they tried to take me away for treatment and I kicked of trying to throw something of theirs away from me to try and shut my door from them. That has been years ago now.
It is really noise one now that affects me the repetitive banging.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom