• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

managing anxiety in the workplace- resource inquiry

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
Hi, does anyone know good resources and/or tips for managing anxiety in the workplace?
I'm not having any particular issues at the moment, but I am looking for resources for a few friends.

Thank you.

Not the answer you're looking for but I used to drink a lot at work. First beer for the day was usually around 10 am. But I also lived and worked in a different era and you could get away with a lot more back then.

I find myself unable to work in our modern era.

Sorry to say as well, that while I can elaborate on such an issue, I never thought I had any meaningful solutions either. Apart from generic angles of approach, I suppose much of this boils down to the type of job you hold and your ability to perform (or not) all its required duties. Plus all the social dynamics and chemistry that goes into interacting with fellow employees and clients.

Yet when I consider a job I once held for the longest time (insurance underwriting), I don't think I had any real solution to the anxiety I had. Mostly given the dynamic nature of the job. Where every account could be different, with all kinds of potential problems. The players and their personalities were the same, but the accounts to be underwritten were always different. And an inability to price the product in a highly competitive market never changed.

Such a lack of predictability generated a whole lot of anxiety for me over time. The kind that I could only shed on the last day of my employment, having elected to quit.

New Threads

Top Bottom