• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meds for tiny asd tots

Kayla55

I'm so against this, and wondering if asd people have rights to intervene or represent children's rights to safe drugs or drug free.

1. Previous thread on how epileptic medicine affects digestive system and may affect toilet control, the k- diet really makes sense to me

2. Meds concentration or focus on one task....no.

Red flags can disappear after time, if child is exhibiting repetitive tasks or stunning, leave them. Send them to Montessori School, shows human brain studies better by focus on specific task.
This child complex Lego (500) take longer to come to own conclusions....nt parents don't understand it

What a poorly presented article. There is no medication for autism, but this site communicates it quite differently. I get a "modern medicine can cure most things, including autism" vibe from it.

So yeah, some comorbidities can be treated with drugs, but that is true of nearly anyone with the same. So for people generally with anxiety, for instance, a discussion on SSRIs might be worth having. That's independent of autism. The first line of the article should be "children with autism appear to be more prone to some other mental health conditions than children without autism. For some of these conditions, regardless of ASD diagnosis, drugs might be of use as part of a broader treatment plan" or similar.

I had a look at some of the other articles and there is a lot of that "with some effort, you can teach them not to be so autistic" vibe. I can't put my finger on it, but it has the feel of a website where parents who want perfect children go when things don't quite go according to plan. Sort of "my newborn keeps kicking off their baby nikes when I'm at brunch" thing.

My daughter, when she was small, did fabulously with Waldorf-styled unschooling. In latter grades, a very loose Charlotte Mason-styled curricula helped her greatly.

Not just in school, but as a parenting philosophy. Let the child explore. Let them learn. Teach them when you rise up, and when you lie down, and as you walk by the way. Just little life things, in conversation, but let it be them guiding it.

Children naturally want to learn. They want to grow. They want to know what adults do. And with autistic children I think our society does a terrible job at raising them up in the way that they should go, and allowing them to learn and thrive in their own time, in their own way.

New Threads

Top Bottom