• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

mommy dearest

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
So big breakfast with mommy dearest. Decided to tell me my dad was a compulsive liar, therefore he is psychotic. l am not sure about that correlation. Also she claimed she knew him for a very short time. No, my mom has nothing in the medical field. She was a editor, apparently now she is a medical expert. I told her bipolars can be notorious liars. Other modalities can have the affect of compulsive lying behavior.

But l knew this was a bad meeting before l got there. I also stood up for myself and said l agree to disagree, but l respect your opinion however you aren't a medical expert. That took a lot for me to stand up for myself. l am extremely proud of me. No, l have no desire to be a compulsive liar but l am not judgmental if people tell me little lies. l look at the whole person.

Could there have been a better way for me to handle this? She has very little contact with me. l told her l identify with Autism behaviors and my daughter seems to exhibit them also.

Last edited:
She has ignored me my entire life. Espcially when my dad started molxxxted me.
Later l read that the % is really high with stepfathers of said behavior. Life is complicated. l am proud to take one day at a time. Oh father who art in heaven, love your children, walk in grace. Translation: so much damage is done to unloved children who grow into adults.

Sounds like she felt bad for what happened to you and was trying to convince you it was in no way her fault? Sounds like you handled the breakfast well. You respected what she said, but let her know you have your own opinion and thoughts on the past.

You done good Aspychata. You get points just for showing up in my book!
You can't look back at a conversation and grade it, like if you could have said something better or more clearly, etc.. I spent too many years evaluating everything I ever said and its a waste of time and stressful.
Tell yourself you did great, period. If your mom, or whoever, doesn't like how you expressed yourself, then...fill in the blank with your favorite obscenity.

I have read that compulsive lying goes hand in hand with abusive parents. Because you are so afraid of giving the wrong answers,it becomes easier to lie.

What l really wanted to say to her; are you really my mom? Because l feel you are a psycho. Like l heard from a family friend some interesting things about you. But of course l kept my mouth shut. Maybe my mom is narsisstic. My father was his own little planet spinning around also. Hey, families, never a dull moment or too many of them.

New Threads

Top Bottom