• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Muppet Show season 2 guests - Anyone ever heard of these?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Don Knotts, and Zero Mostel, just watched their episodes on the Muppet Show season 2 DVDs I bought this week, but without looking them up on Wikipedia I've no idea who they are/were?!

Can anyone enlighten me?

Try YouTube instead. It's your friend too. Simply type their names individually into the text box and enter.

Something for everyone, a comedy tonight! ;)

Last edited:
Try YouTube instead. It's your friend too. Simply type their names individually into the text box and enter.

Something for everyone, a comedy tonight! ;)

I looked them up on Wiki, Zero Mostel died in the late 70's, Don Knotts died in 2008.

They were both American comedy actors apparently.

I looked them up on Wiki, Zero Mostel died in the late 70's, Don Knotts died in 2008.

They were both American comedy actors apparently.

They were indeed. Though if you access them on YouTube you may recognize one or both of them.

Don Knotts (AKA Barney Fife) was somewhat famous in film and television for portraying neurotic characters. Maybe the best at what he did. :p

Zero Mostel was primarily a stage and film actor in comedy.

I had forgotten about "Mr. Limpet". (Don Knotts)

When I was a kid when sometimes I'd get sad or depressed, I can remember uttering, "I wish. I wish. I wish I wish I were a fish."

Last edited:
The Andy Griffith show ran from 1960-1968 and non-stop as re-runs for the last 50 years. The Headliner Griffith has stated Don Knotts as his sidekick deputy Barney Fife made the show.
b7b6b644afb7cec6c03dde3a6a448d4d--don-knotts-trigger-finger.jpg

The Andy Griffith show ran from 1960-1968 and non-stop as re-runs for the last 50 years. The Headliner Griffith has stated Don Knotts as his sidekick deputy Barney Fife made the show.
b7b6b644afb7cec6c03dde3a6a448d4d--don-knotts-trigger-finger.jpg

Bit before my time that, hence I'd not heard of Mr Knotts.

Sadly not, I never watched Sesame St much, not even 30 odd years ago when it was on all the time.
Gustavo Dudamel appeared on Sesame Street in 2012. Although that may have been only the YouTube channel.

If that's whetted your appetite, here's something more grown-up:

I remember Don Knotts very well, mainly because he replaced Mr. Roper on Three's Company, and because he was very funny on The Muppet Show. Like when he pretends to be a science-kiddy-show host, and there is a cute little fluffy Muppet creature that turns all scary and vicious and freaks him out.:laughing:

New Threads

Top Bottom