• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My birthday in three days

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
The time has finally come again for me to advance in age. In just three days I'm going to turn twenty three. I'm actually kind of excited, but at the same time a little fearful:

Last year's birthday wasn't much of anything happening; we were on really poor times and since I was still in the Good Shepherd there wasn't much in the way of celebration except for people acknowledging it. I didn't even get anything. Even though that wasn't the point of me having a birthday, it was still kinda disappointing.

Now that I've been through so much and even my birthday is no exception that we struggle from trivial things like money, I'm not expecting much to happen. I mean yeah, I'm turning 23, but what am I really going to get out of it?

I guess it should still be a happy occasion.

Birthdays are fun when you're a kid. Probably the disappointment comes when they're not fun like you remember them being before. They won't mean much again until you start hitting the bigger numbers, then each added number tends to become an accomplishment. :)

You could treat yourself to something you want or want to do. I know you like birds, so you could visit a place with birds like a nearby park, lake, zoo, or even a pet store.

From the first sentence or two, I suddenly had an image of a dystopian universe where you don't age throughout the year then on your birthday a ceremony is performed that advances you to the next age. :D

It helps me to remind myself that you're actually only a day older between the two "years," or a second older if you want to be extra pedantic. :cool:

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wishesquotes.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F01%2FHappy-Birthday-in-Advance-Card.jpg

oh dear, i'm "only" 20 and the mere idea of birthdays gives me depression
my parents still give me gifts and i get frequent wishes from friends but i don't like that kind of attention and i don't understand the point of this festivity, or of any festivities in general

Don't allow your age to correlate with your accomplishments.

Life is full of ups and downs, whatever age you may be at a given time.

@UberScout I also want to wish you an early happy birthday because I will be away for the next couple days. I hope you have a fantastic day.

It was kinda quiet, but I still had a good birthday. I'm 23 now!

Oh yeah, Maddog got me a pretty unique gift, it's a spell book. A real one, as in, I can do real magick with it. Not things like summoning dragons but stuff like attracting money, fortune etc.

I wrote a luck spell today and my mother came home announcing cubed steak for dinner.

It was kinda quiet, but I still had a good birthday. I'm 23 now!

Oh yeah, Maddog got me a pretty unique gift, it's a spell book. A real one, as in, I can do real magick with it. Not things like summoning dragons but stuff like attracting money, fortune etc.

I wrote a luck spell today and my mother came home announcing cubed steak for dinner.
I'm glad you had a good birthday. And I take it you like cubed steak. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom