• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My favorite video game

I've been wanting to get back into Minecraft lately, too! It's actually been a few years since I've played it obsessively, but I used to have a whole bunch of friends who would get together on the weekends and play online.

I feel infinitely like the dumbest person on the server whenever I game, but it can still be fun :)

My favorite video game is Minecraft
Can't play Minecraft.

When I pay for a game, then it's mine for good, or I don't pay at all! Don't want it!
The Minecraft system works on a subscription as far as I can tell. Robbery.

I don't do subscriptions.

Even better if you don't have to pay at all. There's a lot of open source games out there that are really very good.

http://minetest.io/
I tried to find an alternative to Minecraft, but couldn't.

I used to have one in my phone years ago. Don't know what happened to it, it's no longer available for download, and I'd love one for my pc.

I tried to find an alternative to Minecraft, but couldn't.
That's why I posted that link, it's an open source game very similar to MineCraft except it's free. I helped work on a fork of the project for a couple of years. All of us were Linux geeks, there's enough documentation that we were also making Windows versions and they tested and ran well. But none of us had a Mac so there was no version for that. There's also a version for Android, it's an older version but works well, might have a couple of issues when joining worlds that were created by newer versions.

That's why I posted that link, it's an open source game very similar to MineCraft except it's free. I helped work on a fork of the project for a couple of years. All of us were Linux geeks, there's enough documentation that we were also making Windows versions and they tested and ran well. But none of us had a Mac so there was no version for that. There's also a version for Android, it's an older version but works well, might have a couple of issues when joining worlds that were created by newer versions.
I used to love Ubuntu. Up to the Meerkat distro. Then it basically turned into a free version of Windows, so I stopped bordering with it.

I went years having 2 OSs in my computer.
But when they started Windorising Ubuntu I gave it up.

I hate Ubuntu's desktop program, but you don't have to use that one, you can install a few different ones to suit your preferences. I use Ubuntu but with the Cinnamon desktop, that's the same desktop that Linux Mint comes with. We've got a thread about it:

https://www.autismforums.com/threads/switching-linux-desktop-managers.48128/
I tried Mint Julia some years ago, but I think that the architecture of my laptop didn't agree with that. It became sluggish and very annoying to use.
Never understood why.

I wonder if I still know how to do a double boot on a pc🤔

Last edited:
I wonder if I still know how to do a double boot on a pc🤔
@Judge is the man to talk to here. He's been running several different distros all on removeable drives.

[Edit] just thought I should add, by using separate drives for each operating system you don't have to muck around trying to create partitions on your Windows drive and it's a lot easier to work with.

Last edited:
I used to love Ubuntu. Up to the Meerkat distro. Then it basically turned into a free version of Windows, so I stopped bordering with it.

I went years having 2 OSs in my computer.
But when they started Windorising Ubuntu I gave it up.
There are less boggy distros like Linux Lite, which is a less bloated ubuntu derivative.

Can't play Minecraft.

When I pay for a game, then it's mine for good, or I don't pay at all! Don't want it!
The Minecraft system works on a subscription as far as I can tell. Robbery.

I don't do subscriptions.

There's no subscription to Minecraft.

It's a one-time purchase.

It's not one of those funky things that's sold all piecemeal either. Buy the game, get the entire game, simple as that. And if you want to then go into mods and such? Free and easy.

Been playing it myself for a LONG time. Like, I started before they invented chickens. That sounds like a joke, but no, they hadnt put chickens in yet when I got into the game, the zombies had all the feathers as a placeholder. It was hilarious.

If you're seeing any sort of Minecraft subscription, then it isnt actually Minecraft, you've found some sort of scam (those absolutely do exist because of how big the game is).

ACTUAL Minecraft is just a normal purchase.

There's no subscription to Minecraft.

It's a one-time purchase.

It's not one of those funky things that's sold all piecemeal either. Buy the game, get the entire game, simple as that. And if you want to then go into mods and such? Free and easy.

Been playing it myself for a LONG time. Like, I started before they invented chickens. That sounds like a joke, but no, they hadnt put chickens in yet when I got into the game, the zombies had all the feathers as a placeholder. It was hilarious.

If you're seeing any sort of Minecraft subscription, then it isnt actually Minecraft, you've found some sort of scam (those absolutely do exist because of how big the game is).

ACTUAL Minecraft is just a normal purchase.
Neia might be talking about Minecraft Realms, which is subscription-based to host servers, get items for things on the Marketplace, etc., but yeah.

You do not need to use Realms to play Minecraft. You buy the game and it is all yours.

Ive owned it for about 13 years now. I dont even remember how much it costed to buy it back then. Hours and hours of entertainment for a pretty low price

New Threads

Top Bottom